Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ok, let's hear it, what would you do if you won Lotto?

+12
auntieevil
Rasilon
cuckoomama
uno
Arcticsun
rosewood
Hillbilly
smokyriver
Fowler
Schipperkesue
lazyfarmer
coopslave
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Let's set a cap on it and make it a modest 10 million.
What would you do with it? I think most of us have fantasised about it, can I get you to share your fantasies?

lazyfarmer

Keep farming until it was all gone. Or as they say how do you become a millionare farmer? Start with 2 million.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

-Finish working until spring.
-Send a portion to my favorite charity
-Pay off the mortgages of friends and family and my own debts of course.
-Buy Doug a new car.
-Pay someone to finish the renos on my little house, barn, etc.
-Hire a house cleaner.
-Put the rest in some kind of account that pays me my regular wage, monthly plus a little more.
-In my free time indulge in all my leisure activities and hobbies- pottery, painting, dogs, chickens, showing, etc.
-Prepare myself to find out who my real friends are.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Not so different from Sue. We would no doubt indulge in a bit of travel. But, oddly enough, I think winning the loto would probably send us into a simpler lifestyle as we would spend more time on things like producing our own food. Maybe finally take the time to figure out how to process our own wool and stuff like that. Spend more time on hobbies like painting (which I haven't done since the kids were born) or woodworking.

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Pretty much like Sue, other than a couple small changes of building a barn, buying a couple cows to milk a few more horses and build my dream poultry setup

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I would donate 1 million to my favorite animal shelter/rescue/organization.
Invest 1 million minimum in a high dividend paying, untouchable security investment.
I am self employed, but I wouldn't quit entirely, I would work 2 days a week and hire someone for the remaining 3.
Build a cute little rancher with a big wrap around deck and move out of the barn, keeping it as a guest house but still keep the stalls downstairs.
Buy a live in horse trailer.

Huh I wrote a reply and thought it posted, but I guess not.

I have this plan to sneak around and find out a few select friends and family members' mortgage holders and pay them all off. How fun that would be! cheers

I would put money into an investment that would guarantee some income, and I would work part time.

I would buy the Harley, not the Yamaha. pirat

I would do something nice for the dedicated women at the SPCA shelter that I foster for. They are Angels on earth. Not sure what I'd do - I would have to ask what they'd wish for.

I would get a tattoo and a boob job. And maybe some other stuff. tongue

I would travel around N. America. Then see what/where I feel like doing/going. I would send my hard-working sister and her husband on a fabulous holiday of their wishes. I would hope they'd invite me along. Travelling solo would get a bit boring I think. Or maybe not boring, but the good stuff is always made better when shared with loved-ones.

I would pay for all that therapy I've needed for years but could never embark on because it would be so long-lasting. lol

I would get the most awesome farm set-up you could imagine. I would get CynthiaM and her man to help me plan it. Then I would just farm until I run out of money. lol

And lastly I would adopt a child or at least help a bit in some way. Not sure I'm parent material, but I would somehow give back to the upcoming generation.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Reduction or augmentation, Farmchiq?

More like relocation. Laughing

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Laughing

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Buy a larger farm and put a house that would work better for our extended family. Restore my old Dodge truck, and buy a Dodge diesel to drive. Of course we would need more cows, chickens, turkeys and pigs. I wouldn't invest in a boob job.

Build my dream cabin on the side of some mountain that overlooks a vally with a stream running through it ,that would be the first ( the wife can come along to if she wants ) .Invest money in different areas so that I can retire for EVER and do what I love doing .I'd also pay off a few friends debt so that they can also enjoy life for a while .And the one thing I would do is .....disconect the phone ,seems that winners always get new friends in a hurry !

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schip, if you win I promise I will be your best friend!~

If I won it would be the same...
1. Set up a trust fund for myself
2. Pay off friend's and family's mortgages etc
3. Set up education trust funds for my neices and nephews
4. Fix up the farm
5. Hire a full time spelling tutor

I would also buy a place, maybe two elsewhere. SOmewhere that I could go to mush, somewhere that I would go to enjoy nice weather and horseback riding, something like that.

Then I would buy a massive trailer thing, like I saw one dog show person do. They had kennels at the back end, living quarters in the front (AMAZING!) and a little smart car that parked inside. She went from show to show and was totally self suficient, traveling about as the fancy took her.
I would add a chicken coop to mine.

I would also, if I could, build one of thoese giant tent building things, and have my coops in there. I could enjoy the birds in all weather and not have to worry about predators and such. A Biodome!!!

And a boob job. Something different. Maybe a third one.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

OMG, a post filled with little gems of humor, Arctic! Thank you for that third boob laugh!

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

OK, I've changed my mind now. A boob job and I wouldn't need anything else.

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Pass out in the corner store where I'd checked my ticket, and while laying there, some skid would pluck the ticket out of my limp hand, then check himself in for a boob job after buying a spanky new car. I'd go home with the milk and bread I'd stopped to pick up. You win some, you lose some. Same old.

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I would buy a small vineyard in Italy....my husband has always wanted to go to Italy to paint.
Pay off all of our debts.
Give my daughter and her fiance the best wedding ever on the beach of their choice. Let her start a business using her bakery chef training. Buy her a house.
Hire a private investigator.
Build an 80 ft bridge so that we could get over to our other acre.
Buy my sister a new house or pay off the house she has now in Calgary (wish she was closer).
Fence my property with electic fencing and buy two trained LGDs ( one Py and one Maremma I think) or hire a trainer.
Build a huge new coop with different divisions (fenced so that I can breed my own birds).
Get a friend for Mr Magoo
Hire a trainer so that I can be motivated to get to the gym.
Travel for a few months of the year.
I just started a fulltime job at an acute mental health facility...I think that I would stay there part time to see how the new Recovery Model works out.
My wants are few....oh, buy my husband an old army jeep...he has always wanted one.

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly, boob job for you or someone else.

Probably cheaper to have them yourself in the long run.

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

For me of course, that's why nothing else would matter!

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi I would give to Salom mission (they feed and give clothing to
the homeless), coats for kids and toy mountain. ( if won before
christmas)
I would give a big grant to the Uof manitobas engineering department to
try to come up with an environmentally safe way to make artificial
icebergs to help the polar bears.
build a heated greenhouse. and finally sleep for few weeks to catch up oh yeah quit working.
Geri

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Move to a small island beach house and think about it for a while....

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I've thought a lot about this lately since there have been three winners here in the last couple of months (one 45 million Shocked )

So, I've just won 45 million. I would . . .

Have a HUGE party and the hotel hubby works at for friends, relatives and a few acquaintances. Hubby want to be in charge of ordering food so he can annoy his boss by ordering difficult items (he is a chef ther enow, but wouldn't be the day after our win Very Happy )

Hubby would drive to the party in his new blue Land Cruiser (me buying him a blue vehicle is huge. I strongly dislike blue vehicles)

At the party I would go around handing our 'gifts' to the guests - too much fun!

I'd pay off all our debts renovate the house and sell this place to buy one in a quieter location.

My kids would still have to finish school and post secondary ( sorry kids)

I might take a couple of trips here and there because hubby would want to.

I would then have the time of my life staying home and feeding my critters every day.

Oh, I might do the boob job too Embarassed

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

farmchiq wrote:More like relocation. Laughing
How about to a chicken in need
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Talk to an investment firm, find out how to invest it properly so it can be the source of income (reasonable), how to give away the money or purchases to others so they don't have to pay taxes on it.

A significant portion of folks who win big inthe lottery are bankrupt within 5 years.

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

In this order ...

1.) Pay off any debt of myself and my husband, my brother and his family, and my parents.
2.) Property improvements:
a.) Addition to my house - momma needs a bigger kitchen and a third bathroom!! These girls of mine will be teens someday.
b.) Build a big, huge heated shop - I'd love to be able to build things year-round. Oh, and then I'd stock it with all the power tools I've been lusting over that I don't already have. Like a lathe, a planer and a new mitre saw.
c.) Basement renovation. The 70's exploded and then died down there. It's not pretty.
3.) Boob job! I love this one. I don't want them bigger, I just want them rolled back up where they belong, and pointing in the same direction.
4.) I'm sure my husband would like to buy some new toys of the rolling, gasoline-fuelled variety.
5.) Invest for our future.
6.) Possible charitable contributions. I'd be tempted to buy the local SPCA a new building; they REALLY need it and they do great work there.

And we'd probably keep working, because we'd be bored if we didn't.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum