Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welsummers on Vancouver island

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Welsummers on Vancouver island Empty Welsummers on Vancouver island Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:36 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

$15 for quad of girls plus roo. (Price is for all 5) Not for eating, thus the price. They have been pets and are very friendly. The girls are 2 years old and from Coal Creek. They are starting or finishing molting, so will be laying again soon. Last year I got 4 eggs most days. I know "big mama" is laying a very large egg dark spotted egg every second day this year pretty consistently. The rooster is a Whitmore farms rooster, and is very friendly and a great hen guardian, he chased away a daytime raccoon earlier this year. They free range during the day, and now if anyone is laying they are hiding thier eggs as the rain has moistened the next box (a planter by my front steps) and I haven't figured out where they are laying.

I had planned on keeping them, however we are a pen short this fall for chickens and I will not have time to build another this fall. The pen I have them in, though intended to be portable, is too large to move from the front yard because of my rock walls and gates all over the place. And neighbor next door is not happy with his early morning crowing so close to her house. The pen can be included, it needs a large trailer to move it (we moved it here from Errington)...it's a "two story" house with a run underneath. It's raccoon proof, and trust me the raccoons have tried. It ain't pretty, but its effective.

The $15 comes with a catch, I would like the option of getting 2 dozen eggs from them when I'm on my new farm next year.

Thanks for looking.

Oh, I may be able to arrange partial transport of the chickens depending on location.

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

2Welsummers on Vancouver island Empty Re: Welsummers on Vancouver island Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:07 am

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I've been away for a month. . . do you still have them?

3Welsummers on Vancouver island Empty Re: Welsummers on Vancouver island Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:43 am

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes I still have them. I would be so happy for these gals and guy to have a new home. I was laying in bed this morning counting roosters in my head and to make a call to the processor.....

I could meet you half way or depending on the day maybe deliver.

Cheers,

Theresa

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum