Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chicken Buddies

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chicken Buddies Empty Chicken Buddies Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:07 pm

ChickenTeam

ChickenTeam

As a new chicken keeper, I am sometimes saddened by how my chickens treat each other. However, today I saw something neat. I discovered a pullet that was wheezing, and over time noticed that she has three buddies. They are in a pen of 21 almost 5 month old chicks, but these three come to sit with her once in a while - her chicken buddies. However, I have taken her out and put her in isolation so I can treat her, and as she is on the deck above their pen, every once in a while they talk to each other. Wish I could put them together, but I need to see if she will respond to treatment (garlic, antimon tart, Superbooster, and TLC). Any suggestions would be helpful. Anyhow, it is interesting to see how a pen of mixed breeds forms its groups. These four are ameraucanas and ameraucana crosses, not even from the same place, but arrived within days of each other and have grown up together. The wheezy one is my adorable avatar, Fuzzy Face, growing up, so we are really hoping she will be OK. I would be neat to hear other stories about chicken buddies.

2Chicken Buddies Empty Re: Chicken Buddies Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:47 am

KlassyChic

KlassyChic

Chicken Team your avatar is very cute! Hope she feels better soon Very Happy I have a pair of chicks that are best buddies. One is a black EE and the other a BCM about 14 weeks old. Where you find one you find the other. They do not seem to take notice to the rest of the chickens that are here. They range the yard off on their own and at night have their own separate place to roost. Right now we are actually building the two their own mini coop Razz The cutest is how even though they are best of friends when one finds something yummy they still bicker back and fourth steeling it from one another. My mom was here not long ago and after witnessing these two together and taking many pictures she named them The Bobbsey Twins! LOL!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum