Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do people think they are different

+18
debbiej
Jonny Anvil
ars800
uno
Grandma Art
smokyriver
Country Thyme Farm
toybarons
Arcticsun
KathyS
Schipperkesue
HigginsRAT
Piet
coopslave
Hidden River
ipf
Fowler
lazyfarmer
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schip... haahahahaa....

I can tell you how to keep you boys behaving!!! My flock is almost 50% boys, and they get along. There is a fair bit of spae, the boys are in clusters and have thir own gangs with territories, but most of all... TURKEY HENS! It only takes a couple of hens to put the fear of the Lord into any shenannigans the boys may be up to.
My girls hear any cumuppance and zoom, they are there with spurs on! They dont just break it up, they relentlessly chase the offending roos and clean the ground with them.

There is NO fighting allowed here!

27Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:55 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I often post just to be obnoxious.

But I am dedicated to keeping my obnoxiousness here.

Feel the love.

28Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:17 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uno, always so under stated... Razz

29Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:03 pm

ars800

ars800

Grandma Art wrote:
I agree whole heartedly !!! I am much to busy to watch people bashing. Constructive, educational, entertaining and enjoyable is my definition of any good group !!
Now will someone please tell me how to get my turkey boys to quit fighting????
Maybe you could get them some of those cool, retro sunglasses from National Band & Tag Co. I think they would be so mellow strutting around in those things that they wouldn't even consider fighting, it would damage the shades.

http://www.islandpoultry.com/

30Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:27 pm

Grandma Art

Grandma Art

I was checking the site, and they do have Blinders / peepers for Turkeys.... and what are Bird Bits?

http://www.sheltiesalberta.com

31Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:43 pm

ars800

ars800

Looks a bit like a muzzle for birds. Keeps them from pecking others without trimming the beak I think.?.?

http://www.islandpoultry.com/

32Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:07 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I don't think I am different.... but my friends and family think I am Different!!!

cheers

33Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:58 am

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Arcticsun wrote:Having been a mod on ACE I can tell you that it was pretty frickin miserable being a MOD over there when people were posting truly horrible things, waaaay over the top, ruining threads on purpose, etc etc. Many were booted and those grouped together formed a certain forum. They spent a great deal of time opely planning ways of wrecking things on ACE. Vicious posts, awful pm`s, fake account after fake account, threads devoted to spreading hate. The owner stepped in and said enough was enough and BAM, 101 rules. Because people could not behave themselves in the least, and took joy in wrecking things.

I like ACE for many reasons, one of which is the format of the company that hosts it. I really like this forum because of the people who are here, the fact that so many are Western Canada, so they are peole I actually have met and who understand what is going on out this neck of the woods. Im also very happy that for the most part people behave themselves and are not here looking to cause trouble. Evil or Very Mad

Thank you Articsun. I am on both forums, and agree with what you've said.

34Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:02 am

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Grandma Art wrote:
Arcticsun wrote:

I like ACE for many reasons, one of which is the format of the company that hosts it. I really like this forum because of the people who are here, the fact that so many are Western Canada, so they are peole I actually have met and who understand what is going on out this neck of the woods. Im also very happy that for the most part people behave themselves and are not here looking to cause trouble. Evil or Very Mad

I agree whole heartedly !!! I am much to busy to watch people bashing. Constructive, educational, entertaining and enjoyable is my definition of any good group !!
Now will someone please tell me how to get my turkey boys to quit fighting???? Sad

My toms didn't fight, Blue Slates are sensible turkeys, but I have Bronze and they don't fight either

35Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:57 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oops, Arctic spoke too soon. The whole other site doesn't seem to be working.

36Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:00 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:Oops, Arctic spoke too soon. The whole other site doesn't seem to be working.

And I thought it was just me...being blocked for some 'off' comment I made.

37Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:27 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
Fowler wrote:Oops, Arctic spoke too soon. The whole other site doesn't seem to be working.

Maybe there was a final epic battle and now it's just a wasteland.

Rats! I wanted to do the whole 'Charge of the Rohirrim' thing.

38Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:49 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:

Maybe there was a final epic battle and now it's just a wasteland.

Rats! I wanted to do the whole 'Charge of the Rohirrim' thing.

You know that scene in Beetlejuice where the ghosts try to leave their house and they are lost in the wasteland with the sand worms? That is what I imagine when you say 'wasteland'. Perhaps it is populated by striped killer poultry.

39Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:06 am

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I came here after Sue told me where all the cool people were hiding out -lol
Where else could I learn about sunglasses-wearing turkeys?????

40Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:17 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

auntieevil wrote:I came here after Sue told me where all the cool people were hiding out -lol

Actually, I was just referring to myself, Auntie.

41Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:38 am

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
auntieevil wrote:I came here after Sue told me where all the cool people were hiding out -lol

Actually, I was just referring to myself, Auntie.
Dang!

42Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:52 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ya, I couldnt open ACE today either. Love the format of the forum but there are glitches that keep popping up.

So, all you thread highjackers... I thought we were supposed to be talking about ```Why do people think they are different`` . I thought this thread was about people pretending to be two different people on various forums or people thinking they are not the same as everyone else or something like that.

LOOK, SQUIRREL!!!!

43Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:08 am

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I like you temporarily!

44Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:15 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bird bits are what they make McNuggets out of.

45Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:17 pm

Grandma Art

Grandma Art

Arcticsun wrote:Bird bits are what they make McNuggets out of.

Why do people think they are different - Page 2 173122_614462603_467713051_n

http://www.sheltiesalberta.com

46Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:59 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

You guys are hysterical!!

I nearly spit my coffee out all over my desk. Haha

47Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:09 pm

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I joined the site so my split personalities would have another place to go....

I do have an evil side, you know!

48Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:38 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Funny-animal-captions-split-personality-peacock-strikes-again

49Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:17 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

50Why do people think they are different - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:52 am

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I enjoy both sites but by the same token I have seen people on both sites be needlessly rude to others. Myself being a victim last week here as well as the other site. I think that being rude is not needed or healthy on any forum and doesn't enhance any debate or discussion. A person doesn't have to agree with a comment but yet can still be polite. I don't think that there is a legitimate excuse for being rude. I do think that the vast majority of the people on both sites are wonderful people who want to learn share and develop friendships which are priceless. If I have appeared to be rude to any on this site or the other site , I do apologize because that is not what my intent was. Have a great day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum