Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do people think they are different

+18
debbiej
Jonny Anvil
ars800
uno
Grandma Art
smokyriver
Country Thyme Farm
toybarons
Arcticsun
KathyS
Schipperkesue
HigginsRAT
Piet
coopslave
Hidden River
ipf
Fowler
lazyfarmer
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Why do people think they are different Empty Why do people think they are different Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:37 am

lazyfarmer

?

Last edited by lazyfarmer on Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:55 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Not everyone is on both forums. If you have a question, I suppose it maximizes the number of people who might know the answer.

That's my mellow answer. Laughing

3Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:56 am

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

There are a lot more people on ACE, so more topics, more discussion, etc. I dropped off ACE because of the level of censorship and the aggressive and dictatorial attitude of the administrator. Maybe it's better there now?

4Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:00 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I notice that as well, but the responses here and the ones at ACE are often very different. I know there are members here that are not on the other forum and vice versa, so I guess the people that do double post either do it for more response or because they have friends on the other forum as well they want to share things with.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

5Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:09 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I prefer it here. Just my preference. Seems the discussions here can have a difference of opinion and still stay respectful. I do go the the other forum still, but don't post as often there. I usually just answer a double post (one here and there) on one forum. I don't double up my replies anymore.

6Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

lazyfarmer wrote:Being new here can someone explain why there are two forums with the same people, with the exact same posts word for word, but somehow think this one is more mellow and ACE is more confrontational? Why would you be on both to get the same answer?

Simple, all the best members have been kicked off ace for being straight to the point without pussyfooting around moderators and other members that take everything personal and needed another home, which is now here.
This forum is more tolerant of people speaking their mind and leaving it up for others to read and comment on and that makes for better and real communication....a forum.

Piet

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

7Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:22 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Piet wrote:
lazyfarmer wrote:Being new here can someone explain why there are two forums with the same people, with the exact same posts word for word, but somehow think this one is more mellow and ACE is more confrontational? Why would you be on both to get the same answer?

Simple, all the best members have been kicked off ace for being straight to the point without pussyfooting around moderators and other members that take everything personal and needed another home, which is now here.
This forum is more tolerant of people speaking their mind and leaving it up for others to read and comment on and that makes for better and real communication....a forum.

Piet

Well said Piet.

8Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:39 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

9Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:52 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Embarassed Sorry Tara, I should have asked your permission to do that, but they were driving me a bit crazy and I didn't really want to get involved. I just get into to much trouble. I will ask you next time. Embarassed

10Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good Heavens! THAT didn't sound mellow at ALL! Shocked

lol!

11Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:06 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

12Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

HigginsRAT wrote:Besides...this is where we get to see the dark side to Fowler...pale

You mean Fowler has a cheery and less sarcastic side?!

(No offence of course, Fowler. I love your sense of humor.)

13Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
HigginsRAT wrote:Besides...this is where we get to see the dark side to Fowler...pale

You mean Fowler has a cheery and less sarcastic side?!

(No offence of course, Fowler. I love your sense of humor.)

Yes I do.

Or maybe I'm being sarcastic. Suspect

14Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:36 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice we are finally comparing things openly...I gotta add my 2 bits. I find ACE is where many people start in their search for basic chicken keeping info. They like the wide range of topics regarding all kinds of farm animals and also lots of 'general discussion' topics that really don't relate to anything farming at all.
We have some of that here too, but we also expand to the next level.
I feel priviledged to be part of this group that includes some highly regarded and very experienced breeders, genetic experts and even a couple of APA Judges that regularly contribute. This is definitely the place to be when you are ready to move on from topics like "I just bought a 2 year old rooster, but only have 1 pen. If I put him in with my other roosters will they fight?" scratch

I normally only post here now, but the odd time if I want to reach more people I'll put it on both. But I do get very tired of the constant drama over there and try very hard not to take part in it.

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

15Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I post on both, often there are people who only go to one and not the other, so if I am announceing something or sharing something then I will post on both.

Peit, I would say that the people on Swap behave themselves better than on ACE. The rules came about from trying to make people behave themselves and be civil.

I find that on swap there is a tendency to have fewer people who post posts just to stir the pot, cause controversy or dissention or to just be pains. I dislike forums where people make posts just to show how obnoxious they are.

16Why do people think they are different Empty Since we are being open Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:18 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Only my opinion. There is a lot of politics on ACE. You have to always be mindful of what you are going to say and how you say it. I often refer to ACE as the Kum-Ba-Ya site, cause it's all sunshine and rainbows there as no one ever has bad experiences or says things which may cause controversy.

I believe the first big boot off ACE resulted in the Canadian Poultry and Homesteading forum. They are fairly open there but many of the posts can be forwarning the evils of BigAg.

Then came this forum which was born out of a lot of controversy. It resulted in a big shake up on ACE, even amongst the mods there. However, I think it was all for the best as on this site there is less politics. Mods here are more relaxed as they realize that in the real world, people are going to have differences of opinion, people are going to talk about bad experiences with both buyers & sellers and sometimes we are just having a bad day and need to vent.

Where else can you have posting encylopedia that give you more information than any one person can bargain for, I mean HigginsRAT. What a Face

17Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:29 am

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I often refer to ACE as the Kum-Ba-Ya site

That pretty much hits it on the nose. When you're focus is too much on everything being happy and cheerful, it can come up and bite you on the rear!

When I came on this site, I was mostly just ecstatic to see that certain individuals weren't going to shut me down for saying I don't like Mistral Gris broilers. It was so cool, it was just like moving out of my parents house when I was a teenager!

http://countrythyme.ca

18Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:37 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Country Thyme Farm wrote:
I often refer to ACE as the Kum-Ba-Ya site

That pretty much hits it on the nose. When you're focus is too much on everything being happy and cheerful, it can come up and bite you on the rear!

When I came on this site, I was mostly just ecstatic to see that certain individuals weren't going to shut me down for saying I don't like Mistral Gris broilers. It was so cool, it was just like moving out of my parents house when I was a teenager!

lol! Heaven forbid! We are supposed to love all chickens
equally.

19Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:03 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Having been a mod on ACE I can tell you that it was pretty frickin miserable being a MOD over there when people were posting truly horrible things, waaaay over the top, ruining threads on purpose, etc etc. Many were booted and those grouped together formed a certain forum. They spent a great deal of time opely planning ways of wrecking things on ACE. Vicious posts, awful pm`s, fake account after fake account, threads devoted to spreading hate. The owner stepped in and said enough was enough and BAM, 101 rules. Because people could not behave themselves in the least, and took joy in wrecking things.

I like ACE for many reasons, one of which is the format of the company that hosts it. I really like this forum because of the people who are here, the fact that so many are Western Canada, so they are peole I actually have met and who understand what is going on out this neck of the woods. Im also very happy that for the most part people behave themselves and are not here looking to cause trouble. Evil or Very Mad

20Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:12 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I will also post on both sites mainly to get the wider range of answers. Some questions I have had answers from one site and nothing from the other the next time I ask a question it could be reversed for answers. That is why I post on both. Also I have people I like to talk to on both forums.

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

21Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:41 am

Grandma Art

Grandma Art

Arcticsun wrote:

I like ACE for many reasons, one of which is the format of the company that hosts it. I really like this forum because of the people who are here, the fact that so many are Western Canada, so they are peole I actually have met and who understand what is going on out this neck of the woods. Im also very happy that for the most part people behave themselves and are not here looking to cause trouble. Evil or Very Mad

I agree whole heartedly !!! I am much to busy to watch people bashing. Constructive, educational, entertaining and enjoyable is my definition of any good group !!
Now will someone please tell me how to get my turkey boys to quit fighting???? Sad

http://www.sheltiesalberta.com

22Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:25 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Grandma Art wrote:
Arcticsun wrote:

I agree whole heartedly !!! I am much to busy to watch people bashing. Constructive, educational, entertaining and enjoyable is my definition of any good group !!
Now will someone please tell me how to get my turkey boys to quit fighting???? Sad

Hey! If you do find out how to get turkey toms to get along, let us all know. Maybe it can work for roos too?!
Besides the pot, okay.

23Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:33 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wonder if we could build turkey muzzles and hobbles to keep them from fighting too much. Lol

Or maybe we could hypnotize them to behave themselves! Lol

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

24Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:53 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

smokyriver wrote:I wonder if we could build turkey muzzles and hobbles to keep them from fighting too much. Lol

Set up an account for them on ACE.

25Why do people think they are different Empty Re: Why do people think they are different Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:21 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
smokyriver wrote:I wonder if we could build turkey muzzles and hobbles to keep them from fighting too much. Lol

Set up an account for them on ACE.

lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum