Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Overrun with EEs! Great price if you pick them up before the sale!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have way too many chicks and hens that I have accumulated from my BLR Ameraucana project. I was planning to take them to Wetaskiwin but I don't think I will have enough room for all of them. So... I would like to offer an amazing deal for the next week. Year old layers for $5 and this year's chicks for $3! There is a catch though. I am a working gal so I can only offer farm pick up out here near Drayton Valley or I could send some in to Nisku during the week with Doug and you could pick them up there.

Any takers?

Last edited by Schipperkesue on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:55 am; edited 4 times in total

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Any pictures, I am very curious about what you are getting. Very Happy

Rosies

What kind of poults are they?

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rosies wrote:What kind of poults are they?

They are EEs. I am getting white, splash, RLB, blue, red, incomplete RLW. I will take some pictures.

I have had 3 of the layers become broody so far and have raised chicks.

The layers are 3/4 Ameraucana and lay blue, brown and white eggs.

The chicks are 7/8 Ameraucana.

Last edited by Schipperkesue on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:56 am; edited 2 times in total

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue, hope you find homes for them. You need to change something. Poults are baby turkeys and pullets are female chickens. I know you know that, but I think there is some confusion about what you are offering. Change to pullets (unless you have Ameracauna chickens cross turkeys, but highly doubt that Cool ). Just sayin'.....you know me, I am a spelling nazi (note I spelled that rightly). I know most people will understand, but hey, you know about the word "clarity", smiling that big smile. Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

CynthiaM wrote:Sue, hope you find homes for them. You need to change something. Poults are baby turkeys and pullets are female chickens. I know you know that, but I think there is some confusion about what you are offering. Change to pullets (unless you have Ameracauna chickens cross turkeys, but highly doubt that Cool ). Just sayin'.....you know me, I am a spelling nazi (note I spelled that rightly). I know most people will understand, but hey, you know about the word "clarity", smiling that big smile. Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

You are right Cynthia and I know better. Call it the result of a late night blunder. I have already corrected my autocomplete this morning. Sigh!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hee hee! When I type in 'pullet', the computer autocorrects me to 'pulley'! Now THAT would be really confusing!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Hee hee! When I type in 'pullet', the computer autocorrects me to 'pulley'! Now THAT would be really confusing!

Oh that autocorrect thing drives me nuts!! Sometimes it is good, most times it is bad, I have mine turned off, I can't stand it!! And besides, I am usually right, it is wrong, it seems to read my mind wrongly too, smiling that big smile. Sue, have a wonderful day, Cindi

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sigh! I have also realized that although these chicks are older I cannot predict their sexes due to the variety of comb types so I have made further changes from pullet to chick. Technically they are probably too old to be called chicks. I am certainly not getting off on the right foot here!

One of those days...

Rosies

Hi sue thought you had turkey poults lol dang. how many chicks are left?

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rosies wrote:Hi sue thought you had turkey poults lol dang. how many chicks are left?

Yeah, me and my mixed up mind there days. I must be getting old.

I think I have 20 - 30. Do you live near Nymmy? She is coming tomorrow for the layers. Perhaps you can join up and come together.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

*Update*

All the layers are sold but I have some of the older chicks left.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum