Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jonny Anvil's Chicken Run - BC /AB April 27th&28th

+9
coopslave
uno
fuzzylittlefriend
triplejfarms
Schipperkesue
blackdove
CynthiaM
pawsdaisy
Jonny Anvil
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sebas49

Sebas49

Jonny, Great service that you are doing. I'm sure it will pay dividends in the end. I have one request, I left a small chicken grooming kit at Armstrong show last fall. It is a small light brown fish and tackle box, can you bring it back for me if possible. I will contact Heather. Either Heather or Joe Mazur has it. Thanks,

http://www.c-rducks.com

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Sebas49 wrote:Jonny, Great service that you are doing. I'm sure it will pay dividends in the end. I have one request, I left a small chicken grooming kit at Armstrong show last fall. It is a small light brown fish and tackle box, can you bring it back for me if possible. I will contact Heather. Either Heather or Joe Mazur has it. Thanks,

Sounds good,

Will you be at the Popwa Sale?

Oooohhhhh NOW I WANT TURKEY EGGS!! I have no chicks happening this year (except Coopslave that little Partridge Chanty won and I made her a nest with 6 eggs - we shall see what transpires).

Jon, what kind of turkeys are they? I will decide by tonight.

If I can help with getting the grooming kit just let me know.
FC

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Joan if my week was not turning into a total disaster we could have carpooled up! Actually if sure crop was open on saturdays I would use a grain run as an excuse!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

fuzzylittlefriend wrote:Joan if my week was not turning into a total disaster we could have carpooled up! Actually if sure crop was open on saturdays I would use a grain run as an excuse!

That would have been fun, maybe next time. I bet Jonny will be doing this a bit. Very Happy

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

farmchiq wrote:Oooohhhhh NOW I WANT TURKEY EGGS!! I have no chicks happening this year (except Coopslave that little Partridge Chanty won and I made her a nest with 6 eggs - we shall see what transpires).

Jon, what kind of turkeys are they? I will decide by tonight.

If I can help with getting the grooming kit just let me know.
FC

We have Narraganset and Ridley Bronze.
The Gals have been laying well up until this week, on and off. But I am still getting at least 3 -4 eggs a day from all 9 hens. I can let you know how many I have later on tomorrow, I'll have to count how many I have in total and get back to you.

Cheers

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny, are you meeting up with Dan Smith?

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I would have loved to join you guys Johnny! I love road trips. But my weekend was already booked up.

We are going to try to make it to the popwa sale though, maybe see you there. Very Happy

Have fun at Cynthia's!! I am so jealous. Twisted Evil

Good morning everyone!!!

Jonny and I are running a little behind schedule.... Cat nap lasted longer then we wanted!

We have just arrived in Kamloops and a hour or so from our first stop. We apologize to anyone we may incovince with our running a little late Smile

We will see everyone soon and I will keep an update as to where we are as long as we have reception!

KareBare & Jonny

ChickenTeam

ChickenTeam

Just wondering if anyone knows where Jonny is at, so I have an idea how late I will be heading into Lacombe to pick up my chicks. Hope all is going well.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

ChickenTeam I will pm you his number.

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I HAVE MY EGGS!

Met up with Jonny and KareBear around 4 or so this afternoon in Armstrong at Viczoe's place. I got eggs, Viczoe got some cool chicken tractors and we all ooogled at Piet's enoromous rabbit and I told KareBear if I ever saw one of those monsters hoping around in the forest, it would be the last time I ever went outside! Unbelievable.

From there they were heading to CynthiaM's in Grindrod and probalby got there betwen 5 and 5:30 (guessing). They were talking abou making to to Calgary tonight to which we said, ARE YOU CRAZY? So what time they roll into Alberta tommorow is anyone's guess.

Jonny and KareBear it was nice to meet you, what wonderful care you are taking of all the critters, everyone was happy with the fresh water and gentle handling. Viczoe your place is gorgeous! Thanks for letting us rendezvous there, worked out great.

ANd now, I have eggs to put in the bator and to take a look at those air sacs and see if Jonny's special delivery kept them in good shape. Here's hoping! Safe trip, Jonny and KareBear.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

uno wrote:I HAVE MY EGGS!

Met up with Jonny and KareBear around 4 or so this afternoon in Armstrong at Viczoe's place. I got eggs, Viczoe got some cool chicken tractors and we all ooogled at Piet's enoromous rabbit and I told KareBear if I ever saw one of those monsters hoping around in the forest, it would be the last time I ever went outside! Unbelievable.

From there they were heading to CynthiaM's in Grindrod and probalby got there betwen 5 and 5:30 (guessing). They were talking abou making to to Calgary tonight to which we said, ARE YOU CRAZY? So what time they roll into Alberta tommorow is anyone's guess.

Jonny and KareBear it was nice to meet you, what wonderful care you are taking of all the critters, everyone was happy with the fresh water and gentle handling. Viczoe your place is gorgeous! Thanks for letting us rendezvous there, worked out great.

ANd now, I have eggs to put in the bator and to take a look at those air sacs and see if Jonny's special delivery kept them in good shape. Here's hoping! Safe trip, Jonny and KareBear.

I am not crazy just love a good adventure and being on the road. Smile

After our visit with at Heather's We had a nice visit with CynthiaM's Daughter and hit the road for Piet's place.

I am not sure what exact time we got to Piets at, but I have got to say what a very nice fellow. He offered to put us up for the night, but we pushed on.

I decided to pull over and have a cat nap around 4:30 am, woke up around 7:30 and just got in a few mins ago.

Now I have to get ready to deliver chicks!!! First stop Chicken Teams place.., then off to popwa!

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Should note here that these are the first hatching eggs I have received where the air sacs are right where they belong! Now they are all cozy in the bator. Counting the sleeps! Good job Jonny and KareBear.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh boy, what a road trip it must have been for you both, that was a whole lotta driving, with very little sleep. The black cochin rooster (with those yellow legged genes, smiling) is a looker and a half. Couldn't spend much time with him yesterday as life was in the way. But today I shall get to know him better. I was so sad that I could not have been home when Jonny and Karebare came to our place, we had dinner and evening plans and they could not be stopped. My Daughter took over the completion of the deal, smiling. It appeared that the dude just melded right in with the 9 girls. The two other roosters are off in their own little chicken tractor and they will have a gal each. I am still working on picking the best of the best for my breeding group and have reduced the girls and boy numbers by 2 more or each gender. Thank you again, this was a most appreciated thing, just wish it had gone more smooth for ya with more sleep. have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ok Jonny, when is your next chicken run?!?! Very Happy

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

BriarwoodPoultry wrote:Ok Jonny, when is your next chicken run?!?! Very Happy

Hoping if all goes well I might make a smaller 3 day trip this summer, details to come!

calliope

calliope

Hey, there!

Any idea on when your next chicken run will be? Keep on truckin! Surprised

Thanks a bunch!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum