Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jonny Anvil's Chicken Run - BC /AB April 27th&28th

+9
coopslave
uno
fuzzylittlefriend
triplejfarms
Schipperkesue
blackdove
CynthiaM
pawsdaisy
Jonny Anvil
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey everyone,

Well it's no secret that I will be heading into BC this weekend, I still have some room available to transport your small critters & eggs. If you would like to have them transported with care, attention and respect, and if we have the room left. We will be happy to help you get your critters on the go! *Transoprt fees apply please PM or Email For details* Minimum Charge of $20.00 for cross border transports.

To offer peace of mind and a form of tracking we will be updating our journey here on the forum, informing those involved our updated location and progress, via mobile connection. We can keep in contact via email, text or even here on WCPS.

Below is an itinerary, in text form of the route and estimated times I will be at certain locations, above that is a direct link to google maps and the route I will be traveling in better detail.

*Link to Travel Route on Google Maps*
http://g.co/maps/wt7yh

Here is my agenda and my travel routes for the Weekend of April 27th - 29th.

Friday April 27th-
Departure from Edmonton Heading westbound on Hiway 16 Connecting to Hiway 5 South to Kamloops. *Over Night Stay*

Saturday April 28th-
Arrival in Kamloops BC Saturday Morning April 28th @ 6am (ETA)........*Pick Up Rabbit for Piet*

Departure from Kamloops @ 8am (ETD) Heading eastbound on Hiway 97 to Armstrong BC
Arrival in Armstrong @ 10 (ETA) - Tractor Deliveries Vizcoe/Coopslave *chick transport pending*

Departure from Armstrong @ 11am (ETD) Heading North on 97A to Grindrod, BC.
Arrival in Grindrod, BC @ 11:40am (ETA) *Stop for lunch* / Deliver Rooster to CynthiaM

Departure from Grindrod, BC @ approx 12:40pm (ETD) Heading West on Hiway 1 to Calgary
Arrival in Calgary @ 7:40pm (ETA) *Deliver Rabbit to Piet*

Departure from Calgary @ 8:30pm Heading North on Hiway 2 to Edmonton
Arrival in Red Deer @ 9:50pm, *Stretch Legs* Very Happy
Arrival in Edmonton @ 11:30pm.

Sunday April 29th-
Remaining Deliveries to Westerose / Popwa Auction can be arranged.

I will be attending the Popwa Auction in Westerrose on Sunday.
Looking forwards to Meeting up with new and familiar faces.

Please note...
ETD = Estimated time of Departure
ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival

If anyone would like to utilize this opportunity I will be willing to accommodate what I can. The intention is to not go to far off the beaten path to keep the costs down.
I will be glad to assist you in the transport of small critter / eggs and can meet people atpre arranged locations within 5km's of any one of the major hiways I will be traveling on.
Preferably Tim Hortons or somewhere to get the Wife a coffee bounce

If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me for more details or make arrangements.

Cheers,

Jonny Anvil
&
KareBare2

2Jonny Anvil's Chicken Run - BC /AB April 27th&28th Empty sent email Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:47 pm

pawsdaisy

pawsdaisy

I just sent an email re: blue swedish drake, plus+++ Like a Star @ heaven

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny Anvil wrote:
Arrival in Armstrong @ 10 (ETA) - Tractor Deliveries Vizcoe/Coopslave *chick transport pending*
Arrival in Grindrod, BC @ 11:40am (ETA) *Stop for lunch* / Deliver Rooster to CynthiaM
Departure from Grindrod, BC @ approx 12:40pm (ETD)

Oh now this has got me laughing, Jonny and KareBare!! As you head to Highway 1, north on 97A, yes, you pass right beside our farm, we are on 97A. So, now, we will certainly be talking more as you firm up times. But when you leave Heather's home, you can expect to be about 25 minutes to travel to where I am. I am a great cook. And I can make a mean, mean sandwich. All you have to do is tell me exactly what you would like on that sandwich plate. Do you like homemade soup? Also make a mean soup, what kind of soup? Think about all this stuff and please place your order so I can be well prepared with the best lunch you will ever have in your life Very Happy , even right down to type of mayo, etc., if you would like sandwiches. I also make my own alfalfa sprouts, so if you would like that too, please speak your mind, smiling that big smile. Your wish is my command Cool . I would presume that KareBare would like the same thing, if not, please advise what she would like. Do you like turkey soup? Or maybe something more light, like cream of broccoli?

What fun, I get to meet two more forum members, the list is becoming much longer than it ever was. Safe travelling Jonny, you are doing a wonderful thing and you are on the adventure of a lifetime, hurray!! Beautiful days, CynthiaM (remember, clarity, what you would like on your lunch table!!). Oh, I just thought of something. If you don't like homemade food, we could always go to the Riverfront pub for lunch, it is about 2 minutes from our home, smiling, but pretty sure I know that answer, who doesn't like the homemade good stuff!!

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

hmmmm...so if I was to pay a minimum of $20 can you transport me? I want in on this lunch with Cynthia!!
*giggle*

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Soooo, what time are you leaving home? If you are passing through Evansburg aroound 5 I could meet you but I suspect you will be there a lot earlier.

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

darn jon! i need a cockerel from hankven in calgary, but he wont be home til sunday night darn i just miss you by a day! great idea you have btw!!

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

CynthiaM wrote:
Jonny Anvil wrote:
Departure from Grindrod, BC @ approx 12:40pm (ETD)

Oh now this has got me laughing, Jonny and KareBare!! As you head to Highway 1, north on 97A, yes, you pass right beside our farm, we are on 97A. So, now, we will certainly be talking more as you firm up times. But when you leave Heather's home, you can expect to be about 25 minutes to travel to where I am. I am a great cook. And I can make a mean, mean sandwich. All you have to do is tell me exactly what you would like on that sandwich plate. Do you like homemade soup? Also make a mean soup, what kind of soup? Think about all this stuff and please place your order so I can be well prepared with the best lunch you will ever have in your life Very Happy , even right down to type of mayo, etc., if you would like sandwiches. I also make my own alfalfa sprouts, so if you would like that too, please speak your mind, smiling that big smile. Your wish is my command Cool . I would presume that KareBare would like the same thing, if not, please advise what she would like. Do you like turkey soup? Or maybe something more light, like cream of broccoli?

What fun, I get to meet two more forum members, the list is becoming much longer than it ever was. Safe travelling Jonny, you are doing a wonderful thing and you are on the adventure of a lifetime, hurray!! Beautiful days, CynthiaM (remember, clarity, what you would like on your lunch table!!). Oh, I just thought of something. If you don't like homemade food, we could always go to the Riverfront pub for lunch, it is about 2 minutes from our home, smiling, but pretty sure I know that answer, who doesn't like the homemade good stuff!!

WOW... I am taken back. I will gracefully take you up on your offer for a nice homemade lunch. This sort of thing makes my day and means the world to me.

I am up for anything you would like to create for a sandwich, I like a good surprise so feel free to be creative and inspire me with your wonderful delightful home made goodies. Even though I have issues with my digestive system, I don't let it deprive me of the good things in life.
Turkey soup sounds like a great compliment to an already impressive meal Very Happy As for my Kare bare, she is less adventurous, and has a sensitive palate. She can't have mayo, makes her tummy upset. For her a good old fashioned meat and cheese sandwich works best., She is a plain kinda gal. Ham, turkey sandwich with lettuce and cucumbers with a little cheese hits home for her.

This is amazing, cheers I really appreciate your generous offer and look forwards to a nice sit down bite and chat.

Blackdove, you are welcome to join us if you would like, I hope you don't mind being on the road, we can play road games like Eye Spy and work up an appetite for lunch. Wink

Sue I will contact you about meeting up and getting that roo!

Cheers everyone,
I am going to watch a movie with Kare!

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Boy cynthia I may show up for lunch as well...

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

If you go to Cynthia's for lunch you must, MUST have the potato salad! It is to DIE for! When we three dine together (FarmChiq, CynthiaM and Uno) we always want Cynth to bring her potato salad! She says it's nothing special but there is some secret ingredient that she is guarding with her life. (maybe that's the gargoyle's job!)

Jonny, if you do stop at Cynthia's, it would work for me to pick up my goodies there too instead of Armstrong. I will clear it with Cynthia first though.

Have the salad, honest, you'll talk about it all the way back to Alberta! Amazing!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very Happy , oh my forum friends make me smile and bring happiness to my soul. Such kind words, and well, just a whole lotta fun. Blackdove and Fuzzylittlefriend, it would have been my pleasure to serve you all up lunch. Too bad there is a distance factor, I would feed everyone that wanted to come over -- I am smiling. And Uno, of course, the arms are open, come for lunch too, wanna sandwich, I need to know to know what to get, maybe Farmchiq will come too Shocked . Anyone up for some mean potato salad with their sangy? Perhaps we'll do that instead of soup. Jonny, can Karebare have miracle whip? you said mayo bothers here, I do use miracle whip in my potato salad not mayo. The chives are growing their little brains out, so we will have tons of chives in that salad, fresh picked that morning. Hope you can eat little teeny tiny green oniony chives Jonny. I will make a beautiful sandwich for Karebare that does not have mayo on it for surely...gonna get fresh bread that morning from our local bakery store too Cool . Gonna be cool and me gonna get a cool black cochin rooster, with yellow shanks and feet Very Happy , all yellow legged cochins one day...have a most awesome day, CynthiaM.

I will be there! I am looking forward to meeting Karebare and Jonny, and it would be fun if Blackdove came too, wouldn't it? Smile

In keeping with all the generosity and goodwill going on here right now, I will offer to pick up fresh bread as I drive past the bakery (Cindi I could go to Armstrong or Sutherlands), AND, in the event that the potatoe salad is too 'spicy' or unpalatable for more sensitive systems, I will volunteer to eat any portion that goes unwanted. That salad should never be wasted.

Laughing

What fun. Too bad Jonny and KB have to leave again. There's a dance at our little local hall that night.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Wow,

This is great I am sitting here smiling and having a great day.
Cynthia, Kare can't do Miracle Whip either, I tried that once with her and she got sick. We are not sure what it is but it don't agree with her.

MMMMM potato salad, you just brought the Irish out in me, I luvs meee tato salad, I'll have Kare's share. Wink Oh she also requested the sprouts on her sandwich, that sounded yum to her.

It will be nice to meet up and take a break and visit with everyone, we would love to stay for the dance, as that would be something neat and new for us to do but the road calls this trucker at heart. I wonder if it's the Irish Gypsy blood in me veins, recently found out that ancestors overseas were Irish Travellers.. that be calling this lad to the hard path.

hehehe

Looking forwards to a great time...

Cheers!

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

FarmChiq, I am humbled. That was truly heroic and self sacrificing of you to offer to eat KareBear's share of the salad. That's what I like about you. Your willingness to go that extra mile. I am not exagerrating when I say FarmChiq would run into a burning building to save a salad. People like that are rare. Truly are.

Cynth...will call you and make sure of the times.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Anyone else needing transport I still have some room left!!!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny Anvil wrote:Anyone else needing transport I still have some room left!!!

Jonny, I have put out some feelers about some eggs. I am sure you can squeeze them in!

That roo is in a pretty big box....

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Schipperkesue wrote:
Jonny Anvil wrote:Anyone else needing transport I still have some room left!!!

Jonny, I have put out some feelers about some eggs. I am sure you can squeeze them in!

That roo is in a pretty big box....

I have plenty of room for eggs, there is still indoor cargo space available for eggs, poultry and other small livestock.

I have nothing going into the box of the truck, yet. Prefer not to put critters in there so there is some room left for larger items if you need it transported.
I am putting sheets down inside the back seat of the truck, if everyone can please make sure all animals have sufficient litter and feed. We can provide the water!

Cheers!

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

JOnny, I will pick my goods up at CynthiaM's house on Saturday. Look forward to meeting you.

I am also curious to see if hand delivered eggs arrive with air sacs intact.

Most of us have experienced shipped eggs that arrive with wonky air sacs. I have never been able to determine if this is from rough handling (unconcerned baggage people) a rough ride (cargo hold of Grey Hound) changes in temperature, humidity or elevation. It is one of those big unknowns. So I'm kind of thinking of your trip as a scientific experiment in air sac survivability. We shall see...

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

uno wrote:JOnny, I will pick my goods up at CynthiaM's house on Saturday. Look forward to meeting you.

I am also curious to see if hand delivered eggs arrive with air sacs intact.

Most of us have experienced shipped eggs that arrive with wonky air sacs. I have never been able to determine if this is from rough handling (unconcerned baggage people) a rough ride (cargo hold of Grey Hound) changes in temperature, humidity or elevation. It is one of those big unknowns. So I'm kind of thinking of your trip as a scientific experiment in air sac survivability. We shall see...

An a fun experiment it shall be.

The gals are laying better. Uno I will be bringing you an nice assortment of eggs, Would you like a few Turkey eggs as well as chicken eggs?

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks, but turkeys and I are not friends. I appreciate the offer though.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Farmchiq, thanks for the offer of the bread Cool , but I am long before you. Before the arrival of my friends, I need to make sandwiches and the potato salad, so I need the bread early, unless you want to pick it up by about 7:00 so it can be on hand so I can begin sandwich making about 10:00, smiling that big smile, kidding. Don't worry about it, I got it covered.

Jonny, does Karebare like butter on her sandwich? mustard? dijon mustard? She must have something other than just the stuff in the middle...the sprouts are growing as we speak. This is gonna be fun, safe travels, and I gonna get the most beautiful black cochin rooster and some hatching eggs from Shipperkesue, I saw a picture of him that Sue sent me, well, pictures, and he is mighty beautiful, he is young, so he will become even more beautiful. And he got yellow soles on his feet and his legs are yellow shaded too!! My cochin flock is now closed as well, getting there with me yellow leggers!! Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh I just thought I would post the menu for lunch on Saturday, smiling, trying to make mouths water today, thinking of lunch, hmmmm...did I mention that it is gonna be a good one, have a beautiful day, CynthiaM (eat your heart out those that are not coming Sad ).

My yummy version of potato salad (if you don't like green onions (chives) you can't eat it, smiling

A sandwich (or two, depends on how many you eat, Karebare's will be slightly more boring, smiling that big smile). The sandwiches will be made before the arrival of my friends, so if you want anything not in them that is listed, tell me, so I can not put the goodies in...

A subway type bun
Thinly sliced ham
Cheese, not certain what type yet
Sweet red onions
Home brewed alfalfa sprouts and shredded lettuce
Red sweet bell peppers
Butter, Miracle Whip and Dijon mustard

Karebare's
Thinly sliced ham
Cheese
Sweet red onions
Home brewed alfalfa sprouts
Red sweet bell peppers
Butter? no mayo of any type, Dijon mustard?
Lettuce too?

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wish I was a bit closer, I would force myself on you for lunch as well!
I hope you all have a great visit.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

coopslave wrote:I wish I was a bit closer, I would force myself on you for lunch as well!
I hope you all have a great visit.

LOL you should... it's going to be EPIC!

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I need contact info from all those involved please!!!

Cheers!

Jon

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny, chicks are going with you too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum