Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

man oh man (pictures added)

+9
ChicoryFarm
KathyS
uno
Sushi
Terre Wilde
Jonny Anvil
KatuskiFarms
pops coops
coopslave
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1man oh man (pictures added) Empty man oh man (pictures added) Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:25 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well I have gone from a pretty decent typer to a very slow one! I was planning on a drive to Kelowna for supplies, I try to go once a week. I thought I would just quickly go down (the chickens are down a hill) and collect the eggs before I left.
It has been very slushy here through the day and I wasn't thinking that it would be all ice this morning. I was in my 'town' shoes and I stepped out from under the carport and down I went, right on my front. Of course I put my hand out and I felt my finger hit first! I thought, geez, I hope that isn't broken. Well, it wasn't, it was dislocated. Well and truly dislocated. I don't think I have seen anything so gross!
I drove down to the ranch, got hubby off the phone and told him he had to put it back in. He wasn't keen, to say the least. He tried once and couldn't do it. I think he was afraid of hurting me, but we had to do something about it.
I was really thinking I didn't want the drive to town to sit in the hospital for hours just to fix this. I have also heard that the longer you leave them the worse it is. Phoned my sister, got a pep talk and some more info. I braced my elbow against a table corner, closed my eyes, gritted my teeth and said Just Do It! He gave it a hard pull and it slipped back into place. The feeling and sound it made was too gross for words. Hubby said it is one of the worst things he has had to do. This guy has been a rancher for 25 years so that is saying something. He figures pulling a calf was better. Very Happy
I knew if I squawked he wouldn't keep pulling so I just gritted my teeth. I am so glad it worked. Hubby figures I am one of the toughest woman he knows, I told him I have never given birth though! Shocked
You have no idea how glad I am that it worked. It is a very sore finger now and will be for a long time I think, I certainly felt quite sick to my stomach for a little while. Slow typer alert in effect now!
Nothing like a good outcome to a bad circumstance.

Last edited by coopslave on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

2man oh man (pictures added) Empty Re: man oh man (pictures added) Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:32 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I do hope it heals fast and the pain goes away soon, all the best to you.

http://www.popscoops.com

3man oh man (pictures added) Empty Re: man oh man (pictures added) Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:14 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

OMG Coopslave! You are a toughy, I agree.

4man oh man (pictures added) Empty Re: man oh man (pictures added) Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

OUCH!

I have dislocated a few finger myself... I feel for you.

5man oh man (pictures added) Empty Re: man oh man (pictures added) Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Terre Wilde

Terre Wilde

Ouch! hugs your way!

6man oh man (pictures added) Empty Re: man oh man (pictures added) Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:58 pm

Sushi

Back when I was in my teens I was walking home from work and I ran across the main drag while the traffic was clear. Just past the middle of 8 lanes of traffic, I felt something pop. Felt like I dislocated a bone in my foot. I got to the other side of the street as quickly as possible. Took off my sandal. Grabbed my little toe and gave it a good yank. I heard it pop back into place and I kept walking. Got a few blocks further. Still didn't feel right. Took my sandal off again, yanked it again. Didn't pop this time. Continued on several more blocks. Got to the top of the street I lived on and looked at my foot. At this point it was starting to swell, badly. Yup, I thought to myself, that's not dislocated, it's broken. So I managed to hobble the rest of the way home and that is the story of how I walked home a mile on a broken foot. You gotta do what ya gotta do when you're injured. Over all I'd have to say that I'd rather break a bone than dislocate or sprain something. Broken bones heal up better.

7man oh man (pictures added) Empty Re: man oh man (pictures added) Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:50 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Eeeuuuww! Baby that finger and give it every chance at a full recovery. Mega gross, I felt ill just reading about this. But I hear you about those rotten downhill, ice covered paths to the hen house. Mine too is on a steep downhill incline! I calculate every step and NEVER in town shoes, as I'm sure you are aware. Hope for a speedy recovery.

8man oh man (pictures added) Empty Re: man oh man (pictures added) Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:43 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oweee! That sounds awful.
At least your mouse finger is still good so you can click on stuff, and save the typing for the important things.
and Sushi, you are one tough cookie!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

9man oh man (pictures added) Empty Re: man oh man (pictures added) Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:40 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Joan, that's so gross Shocked and I'm so sorry to hear this but I'm so glad you had the courage to do what you had to do. I don't know if I could have done what you did Rolling Eyes . I hope you're doing okay today. Don't let it get you down and know I'm thinking of you.

I love you

10man oh man (pictures added) Empty Re: man oh man (pictures added) Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:24 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Amazingly it is not that sore today. I have to admit that Advil is my friend at the moment.
It is hugely swollen and going quite purple. I will take some pictures. Very Happy
I am wondering when I can start riding again. I have a young horse that needs riding everyday if I want to try to get her to a Futurity this fall. I may tape it up good and give it a go when I get home from Kelowna tonight.
Thanks for the support and nice words. I knew you all were the ones to shar this gross story with! Laughing

11man oh man (pictures added) Empty Re: man oh man (pictures added) Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:47 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Showing a bit of my gruesome side. I like pictures like this. Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

12man oh man (pictures added) Empty Re: man oh man (pictures added) Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:46 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hee, hee, I love that you knew we'd appreciate a good gross experience......with photos to boot. Man, that's nasty but a lot better looking than out of the socket!

Nice nails by the way. Don't know how you keep them in such good shape living the lifestyle you do.

13man oh man (pictures added) Empty Re: man oh man (pictures added) Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:53 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Koodoo's to you and your hubby to be. Rest up and get better which means no more hauling water for your feathered friends.

14man oh man (pictures added) Empty Re: man oh man (pictures added) Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:22 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh you poor gal, I know how important fingers are, as we all do. I hurt my thumb last summer, it was during a busy time so wasn't spending a whole lotta time typing, thank goodness. Every digit on our hand is so integral to a happy life, smiling. Glad that it popped back in, but you got guts to let pappa do that thing, smiling. Hope you repair quickly, that is one big event you MUST attend! Have a wonderful and safe day, CynthiaM.

15man oh man (pictures added) Empty Re: man oh man (pictures added) Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:26 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

ow ow ow, that had to have hurt.
A few years ago I did a very stupid thing, saw a mouse in the wooden feeder, as hard as I could and as fast as I could I went to grab it, ow ow ow, broke my baby finger, it still wants to head south, and looks quite out of place.
take care of it...

16man oh man (pictures added) Empty Re: man oh man (pictures added) Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oooh, I have been avoiding responding to this thread for a while as I have had a similar injury and didn't want to bring back any pain-thoughts. But when you posted 'pics' I couldn't help myself. And here I sit, typing and feeling ouchy in sympathy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum