Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Assortment for sale (pictures added)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Assortment for sale (pictures added) Tue May 22, 2012 10:18 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Some of the birds are old enough now to be able to sex them and I am offering some of them I won't need for my breeding pens next year.
I will put 'spoken for' on birds that people have said that they want and have not paid for. They will be considered 'sold' when I have payment for them.

A very nice Blue Marans cockerel. (spoken for) He is feather legged and is blue, not blue copper. From Briarwood and he hatched April 6th. Nice colour and great size. Really growing well. I would like $15 for him.
I do also have a Blue Marans pullet. I am not keen to sell her, but if you take the pair for $55 I will let her go with the cockerel. She is a darker blue and has feathered shanks as well.
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0855 Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0861
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0872 Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0866

Wheaten Marans pullet with feathered shanks. She is darker than most wheatens I have seen. I would say she is off colour, but I am not very experienced with the Marans, only the Wheaten Ams. She was hatched from a very dark egg, so would be a nice addition to a flock for that reason. Hatched April 6th. $25 for her.
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0880
Her with her lighter coloured hatchmate.
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0902

Trio of Wheaten Ams. (spoken for) Hatched April 17th. John Blehm birds but may include a pullet from one of my breedings that would be 5 days younger(also John Blehm birds from Claire). $65. I may have another trios available as well. sold
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0904 Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0906
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0924

Putting the others in the next post. I am afraid of losing them.

Last edited by coopslave on Thu May 24, 2012 2:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Tue May 22, 2012 4:58 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have 3 chicks hatched on April 17th that are Partridge Chantecler out of a White Chantecler hen. They all 3 appear to be pullets at this stage, but Chants can be tough to sex, so I am selling them as unsexed. They look like they are going to feather out black tailed buff. Should be winter hardy layers and good eating. All 3 for $45.
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0923 Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0929

I have 2 hens from a last spring hatching. (spoken for) Both are Wheaten Ams and from Claire's birds. One lays a blue egg and the other a white. The white egg layer I actually think is a better type and colour, go figure. Sweet birds that I have had hatchings from this year. They are a featherless on their backs, the boyfriend was a little overzealous. I have had them in with a PChant boy for the last few weeks, so their eggs would not be pure at this stage. Laying well and I would like them to go together and I would let them go for $55.
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0943
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0944

continued.....

Last edited by coopslave on Wed May 23, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

3Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Tue May 22, 2012 5:08 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am also thinking of selling a mature trio of Partridge Chanteclers. My thoughts are I would give you choice of which of the two roosters you wanted plus 2 hens. (sold) Roosters and one hen were hatched last fall and the other hen was hatched last spring, so young birds. They are laying well and the fertility and hatchability has been really good. I am happy to tell you my personal thoughts on all the birds.

Rooster 1 is bigger and thicker and I think has a better head. He is lighter in colour and doesn't have the black in the saddle and hackle I would like to see. He has a long broad back, but carries his tail too low for my taste.
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0966
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0968
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0939

Rooster 2 is better coloured, has a shorter back but a better tail. He is not as large and does not have as good a comb. Please remember these are all just my opinons on these birds and others may feel very differently about them.
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0978
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0970
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0982

The 2 hens. First is a bit smaller, but has nice pencilling. The second was on the nest giving me the Chantecler stare, but she is bigger with pencilling that is not as crisp. She has a better back and is out of my best hen.
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0962
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0937
Assortment for sale (pictures added) SAM_0958

I would like $90 for the mature trio. I have hatched from both roosters and both hens and I am pleased with what I have gotten. They are laying well and would be a nice start to a breeding program. I am only selling them as I am keeping offspring and moving forward with them. I will keep whatever rooster does not sell and probably use him again next year.

Happy to deliver as far as Kelowna.

Any questions post here or pm me. I am just starting to think of next season so that is why some of them are available.

Last edited by coopslave on Thu May 24, 2012 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Tue May 22, 2012 11:49 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

updated

5Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Wed May 23, 2012 1:54 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have some eggs in my Brinsea, Bertha is done for the season, and the PChantecler eggs are 100% fertile! So this boy has managed to give me amazing fertility as well.
Both boys have been with my hens, including the 2 on offer and I have had 100% every batch with 86-90% hatch.

6Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Wed May 23, 2012 5:03 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

So, am I getting this right, two wheaten ameracaunas, one lays a white egg, one lays a blue egg. Hmmmm...thinkin' I could never mix though eggs up when I am collecting eggs from my breeders. If you have not sold these two hens, consider them sold. A catch though. You would need to hold them until you come and get your chicks and then bring them in tow. I'm in. Remember me saying that I would love a blue egg layer? At this point in time, not interested one little bit in another breeding group, so just a couple of very pretty gals, with pea combs, coming into my flock, not even sure who they will go with, probably the cochins, or maybe the buff orpingtons, or maybe the buckeyes, smiling. Wonder who they would better be with? What is the temperament, are they tough girls, docile girls, tell me more about them and take it to email probably. But yes. Consider them sold. Paypal, email transfer, say the word. Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

Ya pretty sure I am done incubating for the year too, just this last hatch coming with a whack of buckeyes, in like two weeks, pretty much all chicks are spoken for, so that is good. Not sure if I can keep my fingers out of the pie though, so do love little fuzzy buts,but intention is to shut down the bator, smiling.

7Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Wed May 23, 2012 6:49 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Done CynthiaM. We will make the trade when I come. Or I may have to con Chicory if I can't get there before. Will work something out.

They are not tough girls at all. They are a little nervous in new company. I have moved them to new pens and new friends a couple of times and they run and scream a bit but do settle. Don't put them with anything to rough, at least to begin with. Scardy cats to start with but they do settle.

I will try to email you in a day or two.

8Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Thu May 24, 2012 8:40 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:
They are not tough girls at all. They are a little nervous in new company. I have moved them to new pens and new friends a couple of times and they run and scream a bit but do settle. Don't put them with anything to rough, at least to begin with. Scardy cats to start with but they do settle.

Little ladies, no problems, I know who will treat them ever so gently. My cochins. They are the giants of docile breeds, they will be welcomed and treated well by the rooster and the hens too, smiling. No worries, new girls get very special treatment and this is very exciting. We'll talk. So pretty, some more beautiful eye candy for me eyes to gander about at. Have a most awesome day, and thank you, Coopslave. CynthiaM.

9Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Thu May 24, 2012 8:43 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Still love to look at the chantecler. What I like most about them is the appearance of such a small stately head, compared to the body, I really like that. That too is what I like about the buckeye I have (rooster I mean), they too have that small looking head -- so many similarities between the two breeds, but really like your chants!! Have a most awesome day, CynthiaM.

10Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Thu May 24, 2012 2:21 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

updated

11Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Thu May 31, 2012 3:38 pm

calliope

calliope

Thanks, Coopslave, for some gorgeous birds. Just thrilled with the two Wheatons, my faves and already spoiled! The Chantie trio are wonderful and settled in very nicely. They have been laying eggs and the partridge hen may be getting interested in setting ... we'll see! Very Happy

12Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Thu May 31, 2012 7:41 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Holy cow Coop, you have some lovely birds. I CAN'T WAIT for my PC chicks from you! I LOVE that partridge feathering look. I bought some Partridge Cochin bantam eggs from Anna at Ty's sale and had no intention of buying anything other than Hidden's Wheaten Ameraucana eggs. But I just had to have that partridge feathering. Those cochin bantam babies are due to hatch on the 4th and I've got broody bantam mamma's waiting for them.

Anyways, given how busy I am, I am just reading this thread for the first time and as I read Cyndi's post requesting your Ameraucanas I thought to myself (before I read your post that followed) that I'd be happy to pick those girls up from you on the 6th and take them to Cindi's the following day..........and then I read your post.

T'would be my pleasure. Let me know if you two would like this and then I'll drop your chicks from her off on the 8th when I get mine from you.

13Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Thu May 31, 2012 8:35 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Chicory, will pm you in a day or two. Thanks for the offer.

14Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Thu May 31, 2012 8:40 pm

I will be in Kelowna all day on the 6th if that's any help. I can deliver birds in the morning and/or pick up birds in the afternoon, 4:00'ish.

15Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Thu May 31, 2012 8:41 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks for the offer Farmchiq but I think we have it covered.
Are you looking for any more layers?

16Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Thu May 31, 2012 8:43 pm

No thank you. I can't afford any new birds right now, but I think Cindi knows someone looking for something laying.

17Assortment for sale (pictures added) Empty Re: Assortment for sale (pictures added) Thu May 31, 2012 8:47 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

pm'd you Farmchiq.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum