Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

black muscovy drake in chilliwack

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1black muscovy drake in chilliwack Empty black muscovy drake in chilliwack Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:19 am

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

he is about 11 months old. show quality. omega blue farms lines. he has an almost perfect white spot on his wing which is needed for showing blacks, but he needs a bit more carunculing. this is my last muscovey and he is now with my geese so i need to sell him soon.
he is about 15 LB, so deffinitaly up to par for size. i want 50 OBO for him as that is what i bought his father for

here he is: first pic he is in the front

black muscovy drake in chilliwack IMG_0291
black muscovy drake in chilliwack IMG_0288

2black muscovy drake in chilliwack Empty Re: black muscovy drake in chilliwack Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:15 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Great looking drake!
I am sure he will sell fast.

3black muscovy drake in chilliwack Empty Re: black muscovy drake in chilliwack Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:00 pm

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

bump! anyone want him for 40?

4black muscovy drake in chilliwack Empty Re: black muscovy drake in chilliwack Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:12 am

Omega Blue Farms

Omega Blue Farms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Cornel, can't believe you haven't any takers, that looks like an elite bird there. Better face than most of my blacks (no black in caruncle and better caruncle).

He is true local pride in that he comes from a line developed right here on the coast. We didn't import or buy show quality birds, we built our own from local backyard stock.

Guess I won't bother hatching any blacks this year. Good thing they have long lives and one can go several years without hatching. I still have your boy's Great Great Great Great Great Grandpa. He and his two brothers were my first solid black headed drakes and judged by Heather the first time I showed Muscovy 9 years ago.

Cornel, if I was you, I would take him off the market, make him a pet, and take him to all the shows. He should earn more than what you are asking and more than enough to cover his keep.

Oh, and he would give my birds some very stiff competition next time our paths cross! Just a thought, hope you are having a good hatching season.

http://www.OmegaBlueFarms.ca

5black muscovy drake in chilliwack Empty Re: black muscovy drake in chilliwack Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:18 pm

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

omega i dont have any hens. do you have any hens for sale? i would keep him with a few hens but he is all alone now.
i know he is very good. he has got more caruncle now than at the picture. that was nearly 2 months ago.
Cornel

6black muscovy drake in chilliwack Empty Re: black muscovy drake in chilliwack Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:29 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wayne what a memory and I do remember the birds you speak of, though it was many years ago. I was so impressed with them at the time and they have come so much further since then. Very very good birds.

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

7black muscovy drake in chilliwack Empty Re: black muscovy drake in chilliwack Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:08 pm

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

heather what do you think of this drake? worth keeping and showing?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum