Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Muscovy Drake desired after a sad loss.

+2
CynthiaM
Schipperkesue
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Muscovy Drake desired after a sad loss. Empty Muscovy Drake desired after a sad loss. Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:51 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am looking to find a very young Muscovy drake or pair hatched this year, not too wild and not too far away as I have little time in my life to organize shipping. I am heading to Evansburg, Edmonton, Camrose and Red Deer in the next month. If I was picky I would be looking for a black drake.

Here is my sad story. I had a pair of hatch mates that were really growing on me. He was solid black and she sports beautiful barred feathers. They would follow me around the yard, always together, enjoying the company of all the other free range birds. They seemed to have bonded and were really quite sweet with each other. I really enjoyed watching them together. Last Thursday I came home and only could find the hen. She and I covered the whole yard, looking and calling. No sign of him. I walked the outside perimeter of the fence, no drake.

Now the hen follows me forlornly around the yard. The geese don't respect her and trample her if she is in their way. Last night she stood by herself for hours in a puddle in the driveway, up to her ankles in cold water. I feel so badly for her and would love to find her a mate or a pair of her own kind.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh I feel like crying. Ducks are so bonded to their mate, seen that so much, they really do love each other. You MUST find a young man for this girl and wishing you the best of wishes to find it. Really, just too sad that you don't live closer. Farmchiq and I are taking a whack of beautiful huge young drakes and young ducks for processing on the 25th of this month. She has some very, very nice big drakes that are almost 12 weeks old now. Too bad....if only you were closer, sigh. Look hard Sue, I am sure that someone will have a drake for your duck!! Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue I have a beautiful chocolate drake available, he was hatched this year and not overly wild. I could also spare my black boy hatched around the same time, not quite as tame but not crazy wild either.
I will be coming as far north as Calgary on the 22nd and could bring one along for you. Week days are probably pretty hard for you to get away but we will be in Calgary till the 24th morning if any of those days work ok for you?

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Omega Blue Farms

Omega Blue Farms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

If you would consider a Blue or Chocolate, I may have an idea for you. However, I'm on Vancouver Island.

I would be happy to donate a top show quality drake or two to a sanctioned poultry show for the show to use as a fundraiser. The bird(s) would be shown in my name and then sold. I'll pay entry fee.

We have people from the Island travelling to the Fraser Valley show. People from Armstrong Show will be attending Fraser Valley show. Armstrong show often attracts people from Alberta, so there are potential possibilities for the initiated.

http://www.OmegaBlueFarms.ca

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

HI Sue I have 4 males that were tamed by my grand kids. they are
destined to the freezer You can have one . They are out of a pied
colored hen and a black drake.. If anyone is headed your way maybe you
could arrange a ride
Geri

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow! You guys are so wonderful! Your generosity is really appreciated. If I could have my way I would have a whole flock of these sweet ducks.

My girl is still alone. She follows the guineas, the turkeys, the geese, but is not accepted by any flock.

However, Steve says he has a Drake he is showing and will sell me after the show He is black and she should be happy with him. Oldbarncat is about an hour away and she has some girls. So the plan is to get a girl or two from her this weekend to keep wee gal happy in the meantime.

Thank you so much for all the wonderful offers! Cynthia, now I feel like crying!

Elgies Exotics

Elgies Exotics
New Here

Schipperkesue wrote:Wow! You guys are so wonderful! Your generosity is really appreciated. If I could have my way I would have a whole flock of these sweet ducks.

My girl is still alone. She follows the guineas, the turkeys, the geese, but is not accepted by any flock.

However, Steve says he has a Drake he is showing and will sell me after the show He is black and she should be happy with him. Oldbarncat is about an hour away and she has some girls. So the plan is to get a girl or two from her this weekend to keep wee gal happy in the meantime.

Thank you so much for all the wonderful offers! Cynthia, now I feel like crying!

I was going to say I have some chocolate drakes but you have some good friends already!

http://sites.google.com/site/elgiesexotics/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum