Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX?

+2
CynthiaM
coopslave
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Empty Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:04 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am incubator hunting on a budget. We don't have room here for a cabinet incubator and hubby would have a fit anyways. (tripleJ's picture of hers made me very jealous! Rolling Eyes) I am looking for a decent quality bator that will hatch a few more eggs than my Brinsea 20. I hate having bad hatches and wasting eggs so want a decent machine, but don't have $1000 to spend!!
Would love some feedback about the 40 or any other machines you think I should look into. I am close to the border, so ordering from down there is not out of the question.
Thanks for any help you can provide!

2Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Empty Re: Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:14 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmmm, now I gotta go and find that post and see her incubator, beautiful days, CynthiaM.

3Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Empty Re: Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:20 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Looked at the picture I think you saw, but it looks big. Is it the one with the pictures of her birds, how do you know it is a 40DX? I have no clue, but it looks nice, whatever it is. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

4Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Empty Re: Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:36 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

CynthiaM, I think tripleJ has the Brinsea 190, I would love to have it and can't, that is why I am jealous!!! Laughing
I will have to do with something smaller.....sigh.

5Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Empty Re: Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:44 am

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

yea mine is the 190, well worth the money i think, coopslave, they realy are not that big i have it sitting on a filing cabnite right now, well worth saving up for ! Smile

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

6Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Empty Re: Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:48 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have the Octagon 40! I just got it in the fall, and did a small test hatch. I had 8 out of the 11 fertile eggs hatch, which for me was good seeing how I was only getting about half the eggs hatching in my styro incubator.

I like the fact that it turns the eggs, and it holds the temperature so well. I can't wait for spring to try it out again! I'm so excited!

I hear that they are coming out with the 40 DX that has digital temp, and humidity control. So you might want to wait for that. I wish I had known when I ordered mine. Clayton is really helpful, and I'm sure He would be glad to answer any of your questions.

Here's my post I made on it with pictures. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

7Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Empty Re: Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:15 pm

Anna

Anna

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I love this incubator, it holds 20 standard eggs, or about 35 bantam eggs.
There is also one (same brand and type) that holds 50 eggs, but Berryhill doesn't carry it.
I love it for the smaller hatches. I have also a brinsea 380, great incubator as well,
but I don't want to use it for only 20 eggs or so.

Good luck!
Anna

8Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Empty Re: Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have it and love it. It des not hold 40 standard eggs, more like 40 bantam eggs, but still, WAY more worth while than the 20.

9Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Empty Re: Anybody have the Brinsea 40 DX? Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:26 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arcticsun wrote:I have it and love it. It des not hold 40 standard eggs, more like 40 bantam eggs, but still, WAY more worth while than the 20.

That is interesting as it is supposed to hold 48 eggs. My 20 holds 24 easily and I sometimes get an egg or two extra in if the eggs are not huge.
It is good to hear that others like theirs. I will have to give it some serious thought. If I got it I would use the 20 as a hatcher and then just keep staggered hatches going!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum