Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly

+3
Schipperkesue
Fowler
Arcticsun
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here is the situation. Jeanie cannot go home right now, she is out of hospital, but cant go home. She needs to drop her bird numbers quickly. She also needs money for medical expenses and bills arising from all this.

If you are interested in anything her friend Carmen (Crazy Quail Lady) is helping her disburse her flock. Carmen is talking about getting a hotel room and coming to the Red Deer show in order to bring some of Jeanies birds to the show to sell. I said that I would pay for the entries of any of Jeanies birds that come to the show so that they can be on display and put up for sale. We are hoping to do some pre-sales for Jeanie.

Here is the post:
Due to some terrible circumstances with her health, Jeanie can no longer return to her farm and needs to sell what is left of her animals. She has about 10 guinea's of various colours and would like $25 each for them (this year's hatch). She has about 10 very young buff brama (Sept hatch) and would like $10 each for them. She also has one very young peachick (Sept hatch too - I think) and she would like $60 for him. There is also about 7 barn cats that will need to find new homes as well.

I will be going to the Red Deer Sale on the Saturday only and can bring any or all of the birds with me if you like.

Jeanie also has about 60 African Geese. Some super Africans she brought in from the US this year. Some are regular Africans. She does not want to let them go for fall prices as she can get good prices for them in the spring, but if anyone is interested, please let me know and I will relay messages. She is not home right now, but she is not in the hospital either. She has no access to a computer for a while until they find a new place to live.

Carmen

2Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty Re: Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:15 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wish I was closer. I might have some contacts that could have moved some geese.

Hope she moves them fast.

It's amazing how fast things can change on a person. Sad

3Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty Re: Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:34 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Carmen is Bowker Acres here.

Nice offer, Arctic!

Sue

Last edited by Schipperkesue on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)

4Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty Re: Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:21 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arcticsun wrote:. She also needs money for medical expenses and bills arising from all this.
Carmen

These are times of need. Would a donation fund be of any help to get them through these tough times? Would someone be willing to set it up? There are many methods of getting money through the internet. Would Jeanie accept donation money in this time of need, or is she too proud? Would this be a good idea? Would anyone be interested in setting it up if someone thought it a good idea? I am sure that one of our forum friends knows her well enough to know if this is plausible or not. Just thinking out loud and need to express myself....I would make a donation, if it was needed. Replies please. Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

5Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty Re: Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:07 am

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

CynthiaM wrote:
Arcticsun wrote:. She also needs money for medical expenses and bills arising from all this.
Carmen

These are times of need. Would a donation fund be of any help to get them through these tough times? Would someone be willing to set it up? There are many methods of getting money through the internet. Would Jeanie accept donation money in this time of need, or is she too proud? Would this be a good idea? Would anyone be interested in setting it up if someone thought it a good idea? I am sure that one of our forum friends knows her well enough to know if this is plausible or not. Just thinking out loud and need to express myself....I would make a donation, if it was needed. Replies please. Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Cynthia, I think they will be OK for money. She worries that Dick will have too much to look after for the winter. I can only bring 12 geese to Red Deer and I think I have 6 sold already. Unless someone is interested in some random laying hens for whatever donation you would like to give her for them - (or a barn cat!)everything seems to be under control - except me - I am in over my head. I am taking a trailer up there and can't back it up! I have no idea how to sex them or how to tell the regular africans apart from the Supers...I need a lesson!!

Carmen

6Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty Re: Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:49 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sigh, thank you Carmen for your input. I surely do hope things go well for our friend. If there is anything I can do, even be the distance, say the word, probably nothing, but if I can help, I will. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM. I wish you well with learning how to back up a trailer Shocked , you can do it!!

7Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty Re: Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:52 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

As near as I can see, the Super is larger with a more pronounced dewlap.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty Re: Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:09 am

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

lol..Jeanie can tell them apart and she can sex them. Hopefully she is feeling better so she can come out and direct us!

Cynthia, she appreciates your concern and support! I will give her a big hug tomorrow. I am going to pick up her laying hens and she wants to come out too. She says she feels better when she is not alone and when she is on the phone. I think she worries too much...

9Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty Re: Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:19 am

I would also be able to send a small $$ amount if it were needed. Thanks for all you're doing Carmen, you sound like a wonderful friend. Sending hugs and positive thoughts for her health to recover fully, in time. I love you

Last edited by farmchiq on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty Re: Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:43 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Have her label the paired birds if possible.

I think that a little donation would go a long way towards gas for Carmen. Hauling a trailer is not cheap.

If someone want to send something I can take etransfers. Just make sure I know whats up in advance, passwords etc.

Carmen, have Jeanie send stuff like any turkey or chicken saddles she has made etc. I will make sure there is some booth space with someone somewhere for her things. We KNOW there is a market for that.

If Jeanie could get a list of what she has available, then presales could be done also.

This is a special person under special circumstances. Special considerations can probably be made.

11Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty Re: Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:13 pm

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Arctic, you are amazing, thank you so much. I will bring the saddles and other things she has made. I am going to take her out to the farm tomorrow to get some layers and she wants a few things from the house. I can't imagine how she is feeling. I couldn't imagine being told that you can't go home...

12Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty How can I help Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I will be at the show the 9th - 11th and would love to help out in any way I can! However I am completely strapped for cash, being a student is just so much fun, but I would love to do my part to help such a lovely soul.

Jeanie reminds me so much of my Grannie and I have an enormous amount of respect for her, if I can pitch in by any means that I can PLEASE Arctic let me know!

13Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty Re: Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:06 pm

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Jonny Anvil, I will need help unloading and perhaps even manning the booth or whatever they are in. I would like to see a bit of the show myself. I will collect cell numbers before I leave so that I know who is buying birds, and those that would like to help. PM me. I am still looking for a home for a few guineas...$25 each.

Carmen

14Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty Re: Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:26 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I knew I'd fold eventually. I'll take four Guineas Bowker Acres. How do you want to arrange payment? I will talk to Prudholme Farms (Tera) and make sure she has space - she is going to the Red Deer sale and then on to my place with a trailer full of birds, straw and grain. I'd like a male and a female minimum, not worried about colours. Whatever is easiest for you/Jean.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

15Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty Re: Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you Johnny!
If you could be at the show on Sat to help Carmen with unloading and all that would be fantastic!

16Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Empty Re: Jeanie needs to sell birds quickly Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Arcticsun wrote:Thank you Johnny!
If you could be at the show on Sat to help Carmen with unloading and all that would be fantastic!
That I can do... Just tell me what time and place and I will be there for sure!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum