Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poultry Disease Course **Information Added**

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I am very excited to tell you that Dr Cox & Dr Bowes from the Provincial Animal Health Center in Abbottsford, BC are coming to the Coombs fairgrounds for a course on flock health! The course is free with lunch provided but there will be limited space so you will need to register with me to hold a spot for you. Mark the dates Nov 25th and 26th on your calenders and I will post the details as soon as I can figure out how to cut and paste my poster.

XOX Monika

PS I tried to put it on our events calender but it wouldn't work for me. Can someone help with this please. Many thanks

Do you keep poultry?
Learn how to keep your flock healthy.

Keeping Your Flock Healthy is a free course intended for owners of small flocks who wish to learn more about diseases in poultry, including the recognition of common diseases, methods that can be taken to prevent their entry into the flock, and actions that can be followed if they appear. This course will be held over 2 days.

Who: Dr William Cox & Dr Victoria Bowes

Where: Coombs Fairground

When: Friday, November 25th, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday, November 26th, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm

There is no course fee, but space is limited so you must register. Register with Monika Popein [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or by phone at 1-250-738-0481 by November 16th, 2011.

Lunch will be provided. Funding for “Keeping Your Flock Healthy” is provided by Growing Forward, a federal, provincial, territorial initiative.

Last edited by Hidden River on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added information from poster)

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I was asked if this event could be videotaped but unfortunately it is not allowed as it is a government sponsored event. On a personal level it is felt that audience participation may be inhibited and also there is a possibility that banter may be taken out of context which may reflect poorly on the course itself or on people. Having said that, the manual that will accompany the course is available to individuals on request to the Animal Health Centre at the Ministry of Agriculture building in Abbotsford and is also available on-line at the AHC website:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

XOX Monika

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is so nice they put that together for everyone that cannot attend. I find you learn so much more hearing them talk and getting the extra's from the banter that goes on at a seminar. I wish I was not so far away or I would be there. But for now I will print off that manual, it looks very informative. Thank you for posting it.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hidden River wrote:That is so nice they put that together for everyone that cannot attend. I find you learn so much more hearing them talk and getting the extra's from the banter that goes on at a seminar. I wish I was not so far away or I would be there. But for now I will print off that manual, it looks very informative. Thank you for posting it.

You are welcome HR! I wish that you could be here for it too. So far we have people from all over the Island attending and some from the Gulf Islands attending as well. It should be a lot of fun and very informative. It looks like an awesome manual, I started printing it off and only got to page 14 and then ran out of paper, bah! OMG is it really 250ish pages. LOL, Maybe I should wait for the workshop!

XOX Monika

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum