Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ah, the warm winds from the south

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ah, the warm winds from the south Empty Ah, the warm winds from the south Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:18 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a most interesting night. The evenings, all summer (if you can even call it that) have been cool. We live in a valley. The wind blows through this valley, winter and summer. Have only been living where we are for about 1 year and a couple of months. Moving from the Lower Mainland of B.C. to here, June of last year. I still can't believe it has been 14 months since we left our old life behind, sigh, and also yippees!

Tonight I think that Irene has come all the way across Canada, to visit us here, no rain, no flooding, no broken trees, but oh wind, and the wind is warm, oh so warm. I am sure it not the storm that the eastern part of our continent has been so worried about, but perhaps her presence has moved to the west?

It reminds me of the nights, long ago, that we visited my youngest Sister and her family when they lived in Utah, warm and beautiful summer nights, only t-shirts to keep us warm. This is odd, so very odd, but I am relishing in sitting in this warm southerly wind, on my laptop, the night insects looking too at my screen. What a beautiful and most warm night, and oh the wind, warming to the soul, yet the night is young, hoping it all will remain as beautiful as it has been for hours. Beautiful days and beautiful nights, CynthiaM.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum