Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

McMurray order-south SK

+7
Anna
Dan Smith
Hidden River
Sultan
Blue Hill Farm
TysExotics
LynBar Ranch
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1McMurray order-south SK Empty McMurray order-south SK Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:14 pm

LynBar Ranch

LynBar Ranch

Since I can't find any partridge cochins, I may put in an order for the spring. Send me a pm if you are interested in combining an order.

http://LynBarRanch.com

2McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:56 pm

TysExotics

I will have St. & Btm. Partridge Cochins this spring.

Email if interested [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.prairieexotics.com

3McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:29 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dang, I wish it was next year because I'd love to go in on an US order with someone. Do you do this often? Can a variety of breeds be ordered?

4McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:45 pm

Sultan

Sultan

did it last year with no issues there is a 65 dollar fee for health papers though. You can order just 1 of any breed if you want.

5McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Flicker I might be doing a small order in April from Ideal if you wanted something. I am not opening up a large group order but can help you out if you wanted something specific.
The health papers from McMurray went up to $75 this year Sultan, but still cheaper than Ideal at $110 for papers, and only 7 breeds/type allowed per one health paper so if too many different breeds/types are ordered sometimes you are looking at 2 or 3 times the health paper cost.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

6McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Sultan

Sultan

Hidden, does ideal have Belgian quail Antwerp? Because I wanted to get some of those.

7McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think they do but not sure of quality of them? You should talk to Chickee Vicki, I believe she raises them.

8McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:58 pm

Sultan

Sultan

Where does chickee Vicki live? And where does she ship?

9McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Chickie Vickie lives up near Olds alberta I believe.

10McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Sultan

Sultan

Thanks, what's her email?

11McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Anna

Anna

Sultan wrote:Thanks, what's her email?
This is her website.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
She doesn't have the Belgian quails listed on it, maybe she has them, but
if not, I do have them too.
Not many, I got 4 chickens 3 weeks ago, and today another 4 hatched and 4 eggs are due next week.
However, I do not ship chickens Embarassed , I live close to Lethbridge AB.

12McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:51 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Is the 7 maxium breeds/varieties for mcmurry? I did an order last year of 25 chicks with some trios but mostly pairs and two breeds where I choose multple colours! I was wondering if that was new or for Ideal?

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

13McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:46 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

fuzzylittlefriend wrote:Is the 7 maxium breeds/varieties for mcmurry? I did an order last year of 25 chicks with some trios but mostly pairs and two breeds where I choose multple colours! I was wondering if that was new or for Ideal?
McMurray seems to do things different on their health papers, different states require different things I guess. I havent ordered from McMurray for a couple years now so not sure if things changed, but guessing not.

14McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:12 am

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have a pair but they haven't started laying yet. Lou

15McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:45 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sultan wrote:Hidden, does ideal have Belgian quail Antwerp? Because I wanted to get some of those.

Here's a young person in Didsbury, Alberta who breeds d'Anver Quail - JH Avaries. Not sure if they are the same as Antwerp....

16McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:39 am

turkeylurkey

fuzzylittlefriend wrote:Is the 7 maxium breeds/varieties for mcmurry? I did an order last year of 25 chicks with some trios but mostly pairs and two breeds where I choose multple colours! I was wondering if that was new or for Ideal?

I've been alternating ordering one year from McMurray and Ideal the next. Don't think there was any issue with maximum number of breeds on health papers. I think the wording was something general like "assorted" . McMurray's health paper numbers are usually quite a bit higher than the actual number in the shipment. Maybe to allow for a customer adding to the order at the last minute?

Here's the link to the Canadian order information: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If still not sure, suggest you e-mail or phone McMurray to confirm.

http://www.guppy.ca

17McMurray order-south SK Empty Re: McMurray order-south SK Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:29 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden River wrote:Flicker I might be doing a small order in April from Ideal if you wanted something. I am not opening up a large group order but can help you out if you wanted something specific.
The health papers from McMurray went up to $75 this year Sultan, but still cheaper than Ideal at $110 for papers, and only 7 breeds/type allowed per one health paper so if too many different breeds/types are ordered sometimes you are looking at 2 or 3 times the health paper cost.

Thanks Hidden, that’s very nice of you. Smile I wouldn’t be after much myself. I wonder what the quality of Ideal’s BR pullets would be like…anyone know?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum