Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What a morning

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What a morning Empty What a morning Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:49 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

We finally got some rain, of course as soon as you cut your hay that is when you finally end your dry spell and get rain. LOL
Last night we were away till late and when we got home we could tell there had been a storm, tarps on some hoop houses ripped, other things tossed around the yard, and a few puddles. The custom hay crew was shut down and not finished which they expected they would have been. So we get the kids to bed and I go for a walk about to see how all the youngsters that are not that smart of the outdoors yet made out, and all seemed fine.
My youngster duck pen had a broken cross beam on thier fence but for the most part it seemed ok, so I left it.
This morning I go out and the cross beam is not on the ground, the gate open, one duckling dead and the rest (over 40) gone!!! No where to be found. I start looking around and find my pilgrim geese "babysitting" 6 ducklings and one gosling at a puddle, so rounded them up and was on the look out for the other 30 some ducklings. I was completley at a loss, wind howling and rain starting up. So in I come to get my oldest to help me search. Took us an hour but we found them, down in the bottom corrals in the long weeds. So we herded them back to their house and fixed their outside pen properly.
Lesson to my oldest, "never put off till tomorrow what you should do today". Told her if I would have taken the time last night to fix their pen properly they would have never escaped. The dead one well I am thinking pile up was the cause of that, so not much I could have prevented that one. But glad we found the rest safe and sound and now back where they belong.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2What a morning Empty Re: What a morning Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:53 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Geez, what a morning indeed! Glad you found them. Sorry about the rain on your hay, that must be frustrating after all the dry weather you have had.

3What a morning Empty Re: What a morning Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:14 pm

LynBar Ranch

LynBar Ranch

That's awful.
The winds here were so high, the tent took off-we did find it.
I think we had 3 separate storms last night and still have a not nice day today.
Supposed to be a storm coming in Friday too, so bolt everything down;)
TG too, you had babysitters.

http://LynBarRanch.com

4What a morning Empty Re: What a morning Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Whew, I'm glad you found the ducklings. We had the same blustery weather here today. All day it was causing the power to flicker on and off, (5 times thus far) and considering yesterday and the day before were so hot and humid, I spent the afternoon nervously watching the horizon for tornadoes. Gulp… pale

5What a morning Empty Re: What a morning Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:46 am

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Wow! I am sure glad you found them! We have unsettled weather too. Wondering when we will get summer.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum