Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breeding hens escape!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Breeding hens escape! Empty Breeding hens escape! Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:31 pm

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have had my EEs lock u with their roo and have been gathering eggs to in this weekend. Today I came home to find two of them and the roo loose with

the general chicken population. So my question is, if I keep the eggs they lay tomorrow, will they still be fertilized by my EE roo or could they be

crossed with one of my other roos?

2Breeding hens escape! Empty Re: Breeding hens escape! Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:15 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I don't know, if the egg will be fertilized by the wrong Roo or not. Was it late in the day when they escaped? Are you collecting eggs for someone else, or for yourself to hatch? If it was for yourself, I would just mark it with a big question mark.

It's soooo frustrating when that happens. It happened to me last week when not only 2 sets of breeding chickens along with the Roosters made a big escape and got into the flock I had separated away from roosters since last fall to breed this spring. Now I have to wait 4 weeks before I can collect anymore eggs.

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

3Breeding hens escape! Empty Re: Breeding hens escape! Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:19 pm

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It was early morning when they made their escape. I kept the eggs anyway. I am hatching for the fun of it and want to sell the chicks so it really doesn't
matter. I was curious more than anything.

Sneaky little chickens!

4Breeding hens escape! Empty Re: Breeding hens escape! Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:32 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sneaky chickens, indeed! My Roosters where crowing their heads off announcing the conquest of all the forbidden hens.

Let us know if they turn out to be crosses. Very Happy

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum