Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Posts not archived?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Posts not archived? Empty Posts not archived? Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:08 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was looking for an old post that I had made, and did a search on all my posts.  The forum seems to only have a record of my posts that go back 20 pages, to like about the end of October.  Are these posts gone somewhere?  Can the old posts be retrieved, I know I have hundreds of posts, and am worried that they are all gone, somewhere, I have no clue.  Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

2Posts not archived? Empty Re: Posts not archived? Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:13 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cynthia, I can access posts right back to the beginning.  Are you doing an Advanced Search?

Is this the thread you are looking for?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Posts not archived? Empty Re: Posts not archived? Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:01 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue, I will check out some advanced.....yes, you are a mind reader. How on earth did you ever get the notion to look around and to find this particular thread. Yes. I am going to actually put this thread into a new thread, because there are certainly some differences in size of hatchery females versus someone working on making the breed to the standard. I thank you....learning new stuff every day, Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

4Posts not archived? Empty Re: Posts not archived? Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:46 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I just like research and I know you are frustrated by the search feature. I have bean meaning to tell you about the advanced search. Now seemed the perfect time to do so!

Happy searching, girl!

5Posts not archived? Empty Re: Posts not archived? Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:55 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nope Sue, I think you don't know what I mean. I didn't know what you were talking about, so did some searching. I know about the search function and looking for posts. I am talking about when one goes into their profile and then goes into the statistics button to see all posts, the posts only go to page 20 with me (with is about 290 posts). I can't seem to get to see the list of all the posts that I have made since before October of last year. Is there an advanced button that I am missing out finding? I know you can search old posts, they are there, but really need to know how to get the list of all the posts I have ever made. Not just searching for a specific post. I need to see ALL of them. Where is this located? I have hundreds of posts. Thanks, maybe you can help Sue, maybe not. Have a wonderful night, with those kinds of awesome days to follow, CynthiaM.

6Posts not archived? Empty Re: Posts not archived? Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:57 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ahh, I get you! I am going to see if it is the same for me.

7Posts not archived? Empty Re: Posts not archived? Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:58 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'll check for your response in the morning, going to watch a movie Smile have a beautiful night, C.

8Posts not archived? Empty Re: Posts not archived? Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep, I seem to have hit my limit at 20 pages and about 400 posts. There must be a limit of posts the program will show. If you are looking for something old I guess you have to do a search.

9Posts not archived? Empty Re: Posts not archived? Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:54 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't believe that Sue. Using the advanced search option, the old, old posts are found, specific stuff, so they are there. There must be a way to access the old, old posts in like a list. Surely, they are stored somewhere. I need to get to the bottom of this because I have a project Smile . And I would like to be able to get onto that one day Smile . I am going to keep this post bumped because someone will be able to how how to do this. Other forums have the option to see ALL the posts that have EVER been posted by an individual, this one must too, somehow, somewhere. As we know, through using the search function, those old posts can be accessed, but that is just plain dumb. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

10Posts not archived? Empty Re: Posts not archived? Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:14 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, they are there all right, I am saying that the parameters of this program only allow you to access a fixed number whe doing that particular kind of search. But use the search option an you access more. No doubt they ARE there. I would speak to Jonny Anvil. Hidden brought him on as a techno geek mod to help put. He should be able to access them.

11Posts not archived? Empty Re: Posts not archived? Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:18 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Anyone?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum