Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deleted posts, just so you know where they went

+2
Schipperkesue
Hidden River
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was asked by the individuals that posted the for sale ads for EO's, Polish and Maran's to delete their threads. They feel they were taken in the wrong direction, and deleted their content, so their ads were removed.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden, could I delete my own thread if I delete the first post?

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am not sure? Why don't you try and see?
Because I am admin on my name I can delete anything, so hard for me to tell if just anyone can delete a thread?
As far as I know you can only delete a thread if nobody has posted after you.

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

No. Deleting the first thread DOES NOT delete everything that comes after. IN fact, once someone has posted a reply to your post, you lose the little 'x' option at the bottom of the page. You only seem to have the 'x' option as long as no one has posted after you.

SO far, to delete a post I edit it, highlight and delete the text, but the heading still stays up there...with a big empty space where a post used to be. It can confuse people.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmmm.....that's a shame. I thought there was lots of really good information on all those threads.

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ok I am slapping my own hand as I write this, but here goes. Are you also going to mention the deleted chats that contributed to this problem Hidden? I was hoping this was done, but I see it isn't.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Susan wrote:Ok I am slapping my own hand as I write this, but here goes. Are you also going to mention the deleted chats that contributed to this problem Hidden? I was hoping this was done, but I see it isn't.

Deleted chats?

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:Hmmm.....that's a shame. I thought there was lots of really good information on all those threads.

I am Glad that I bookmarked the links that Susan posted about the EO's

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Susan wrote:Ok I am slapping my own hand as I write this, but here goes. Are you also going to mention the deleted chats that contributed to this problem Hidden? I was hoping this was done, but I see it isn't.

I deleted the chats in the chat room archives because I didnt realize they were there after the conversations were closed. I will continue to delete them from now on. People should not be able to go on and read other's chats after the fact, it is just wrong in my opinion.

I don't think the chats were the sole reason for deleting the posts, I was asked 2 days ago to delete them from the author but never got around to it, then you asked for that specific one so reminded me to do the others as well.

I think any information shared on the open forum should not be deleted, people were really interested in those links and that information, in my opinion you are hurting your efforts in this breed by not sharing that stuff, but your personal choice.

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I assure you, the people interested in my links contacted me. As for telling me I am unethical for reading a rather nasty public chat leaves me less than desirous to share the little knowledge I have

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Susan, I would like to apologise for my participation in that chat. I did not know that it was public. That is my own ignorance. I believed I was in a closed room and would not have spoken as freely if I had know it was public. Just like I have conversations in my personal home that I would not have in public.
I apologise if I have hurt someone's feeling and soured the taste of this forum, it was not my intention to do so.
From now on I will keep personal feelings, personal, I suppose as it should be.
Sorry if you do not feel you want to share your knowledge here, I enjoy your posts very much.

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thank you coopslave, I appreciate that. I wish I hadn't seen it too. I also admire and enjoy your posts

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum