Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Heat Lamp Bulbs

+4
authenticfarm
islandgal99
Hidden River
Buff
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Buff

Buff

Has anyone heard of the red heat lamps bulbs being discontinued? I was told this today by one store I went to. I've been looking for last few weeks and everyone is sold out of them. I just figured they were out cause of the cold snap we just had. Did I miss something???

2Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Re: Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Have not heard of that, I do know they are trying to discontinue the regular light bulbs so people go to CFL lights but can't see how they can discontinue heat lamps?
Could be they just had an issue with the line they carried, I know I had a bad go with heat lamps last year from a certain company, they would work for 2 days then the base would fall off, was very frustrating and expensive because they wouldn't replace them, said it was from rough handling?

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Re: Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:45 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Our local hardware store doesn't have them right now either.

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

4Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Re: Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Buff

Buff

I think they are discontinuing them I've been looking on line Home Depot showing some discontinued. I just ordered some off amazon and quite a few on there were temporarily out of stock. My local UFA didn't have any but the clear ones. Something funny going on. 
The government is conspiring against the crazy chicken people.

5Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Re: Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:14 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I knew it!!!!  I think it's called Chicken Gate.

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

6Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Re: Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:11 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Weird, I just picked one up last time I was in town. I like having spares.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

7Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Re: Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:33 pm

Buff

Buff

Where you get it authentic? I have two spares right now but I just ordered 6 more off amazon.ca for jus in case I also like to be prepared.

8Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Re: Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:51 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Our canadian tire always has a nice variety of red bulbs. You can also find them at the UFA, Coop and Peavy mart.

9Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Re: Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:24 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Our canadian tire always has a nice variety of red bulbs.  You can also find them at the UFA, Coop and Peavy mart.

Okay so my question is and has always been does a red flood light from CT work just as good as the red heat lamp?

10Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Re: Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:52 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ruffledfeathers I have used the flood lights from Canadian tire in one of my brooders, it has two sockets so I only use the 100 watt flood lights. But in the other brooders I use the regular 250 watt red bulbs. Just check the wattage you need.
I know our Canadian tire carried the 100 watt flood lights and the 250 watt heat lights. So just depends on your needs I guess.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

11Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Re: Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:21 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ruffledfeathers wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:Our canadian tire always has a nice variety of red bulbs.  You can also find them at the UFA, Coop and Peavy mart.

Okay so my question is and has always been does a red flood light from CT work just as good as the red heat lamp?

Yes!

I will use any red incandescent light. The floodlights are often cheap but I also watch my wattage depending on the amount of heat I want!

12Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Re: Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:33 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Buff wrote:Where you get it authentic? I have two spares right now but I just ordered 6 more off amazon.ca for jus in case I also like to be prepared.

UFA in Vermilion. They have them in two different spots - in the electrical section, and then over with the chicken feeders/waterers as well.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

13Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Re: Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:46 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

we just picked some up at Peavey Mart and Princess Auto also has them

14Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Re: Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:16 am

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I've had trouble finding the red heat lamp bulbs. I find the red burns off the bulb, what happened to the actual red glass? They were perfect.

15Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Re: Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:01 pm

Buff

Buff

These are the ones I've been using and the red seems to stay on them just fine. We went to town yesterday an UFA still doesn't have any and either does the Canadian tire they just had the flood light ones. We didn't check peavey mart but I'm thinking they don't have any either. 
Has anyone tried the clear heat lights they seem to still have those on the shelves? 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Empty Re: Red Heat Lamp Bulbs Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:00 am

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

The reason we use Red bulbs is so the chicks don't peck each other

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum