Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heat wave!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Heat wave! Empty Heat wave! Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am a person that LOVES to be warm but even I am getting overheated these days. Doing what I can to keep the birds and other critters cool, and having to water my meat bird pasture so they can continue to have nice green grass to grow on, everywhere else it is getting pretty crispy.
Saw this picture and thought I would share.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2Heat wave! Empty Re: Heat wave! Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:15 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

ha ha! yes yu do like to be warm I know that but this is pretty steady hard to take weather.
went to the pool this afternoon, helped a whole lot, especially cos the showers are ice cold afterwards!
The Chanteclers seem to be the hottest,t hey are always cooling their pits on the roosts at night.
Glad our pens are all on the East side of the houses so they do get afternoon shade and the roos get to go wherever they wish in the yard.
finally got the duck pond completed and they do make use of it! I didnt know big ducks could dive down and pop up on the other side but they can,
We decided to quit on the satellite dish, we had it all sealed up but were having a hard time making the drain pipe on outside with pvc pipe so we ended up switching to a big plastic water tank cut in half and it works really good, because it has the drain attachment all set up on the outside, can just unscrew the cap and drain it weekly.
Not sure what to do with the satellite dish now though, i hate to give up on a project but?
I feel sorry for the horses, there are those awful nose flies out right now and they spend lots of time running in the middle of the day to get away from them, and now there are deer flies out and about too!
Lots of storm last night but we only got a small shower out of it....hoping for more

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum