Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Horse Daughter gone

+15
auntieevil
islandgal99
call ducks
Echo 1
karona
IzzyD
'lilfarm
Fowler
Magdelan
Schipperkesue
DCChick
authenticfarm
Ruffledfeathers
heda gobbler
uno
19 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Horse Daughter gone Empty Horse Daughter gone Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:25 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

She's gone. Packed and moved out. I am exhausted. My house looks like a crime scene. IT needs the cleaning of a lifetime, and I just don't have the energy right now.

SPent the last 2 weeks hauling garbage, cleaning, insulating the skirting, wrapping heat tapes, painting, painting, painting. I was there for 10 days straight getting the ancient mobile in order. What I Have to show for it is a red, itchy load of painful swelled flea bites around my ankles and knees. She wanted a dog when she moved out. Well, turns out the park rules won't allow dogs, but having a mobile full of fleas is the next best thing! I hung a No Pest strip in the living room.

Today her muscle bound, Neanderthal friend and cigar smoking boyfriend 'helped' with the moving. About an hour into this adventure it became obvious that they were all hopeless idiots. First sign was when HD and I were shaken by an incredible crash and wobbling mobile. Neanderthal had driven his truck into the mobile! The roads are slick and dangerous but he's got a big truck, he's got good tires, he's got shit for brains, and slid sideways KAPOW, broadsides the mobile! There was nothing to do but put her in drive and go forward, crushing the siding as he went. There was damage to his rear fender and parts of his bumper were imbedded in the siding! Perfect.

Then boyfriend started his tossing and dropping method of furniture unloading. He had already broken the legs off the coffee table by ramming it into the pick-up box without lifting the legs clear of the tailgate, snap! He then decided that he was strong enough to lift heavy items alone, which he was not, and thus dropped the heavy items. ANd all this is happening on glare ice and he's wearing cowboy boots, cause that's just how his rogue self rolls. He's slipping and sliding and falling over. The mattress was dropped on deck and skidded along the filthy, splintery wood, snagging the material.

About this time HUb, who does not speak up, crawled under the mobile to install an overflow line because he was tired of moving most of the furniture himself while Dumb and Dumber smoked cigars, texted and inspected fender damage. Horse Daughter had withdrawn into a stupor of useless immobility and was sitting on the sofa, staring into space, mumbling, "I am going to kill him." I'm not sure who him was, but I have a pretty good idea.

The two nitwits left to gather another load and I busied myself unpacking and organizing, HD started getting things organized, but the guys were gone for a very long time. Get back with that 2nd load already. THey finally show up, turns out they went touring to inspect a car that was for sale and had made a booze stop. This is where I came unhinged! When boyfriend swaggered in with two big bottles of coke and a bottle of Jack Daniels, I let him know EXACTLY what I was thinking. IT went like this, word for word, "Let me get this straight, you moron. There is no milk, no bread, no meat in this house. BUt you have time and money to pick up a bottle of booze? I am here to tell you that your life is very close to being over. One call and poof, you're gone. GONE! FOREVER! A$$HOLE!" He blinked his eyes and attempted to speak but I stuck a finger in his face and said, " Shut up, step away and stop breathing!"

When we left the place was in utter turmoil, the bad driver had gone home and the other two were sitting on the sofa, surrounded by mayhem. As I drove off I remembered with a start that I had left the No PEst strip hanging. I meant to take it down. It can affect brain cells. Then I thought, relax Uno, between those three there wasn't a functioning brain cell in the room. No brain cells were harmed in the making of this life event...none were used, either.

I am beat. And sad. And mortified. And worried. And too tired to be worried. And covered in flea bites. I am going to bed now to cry.

2Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:38 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Uno!

Imagine if you had gone and rented your daughter a clean fancy apartment, hired a mover and had the time and energy to go out and grocery shop to fill her new kitchen and pantry. Would daughter have learned as much? Would she be as independent? She's just had an exhausting day with a very steep learning curve. She'll either come home soon or struggle to make it work. Who knows she may find it all fun and exciting. You've been a wonderful supportive mother; you'll always worry but this is her great adventure now and the right thing to do is to let it unfold as it will.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

3Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:51 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

BIG **hugs** miss Uno. She's right you are a great mother and have done the best you can. Some lessons are harder than others.

4Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:59 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Don't worry too much. She is probably missing her mama real hard right now.

If she's proud, she'll buck up and make it work for her.

If she's not, well, don't turn her old bedroom into a craft room just yet.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

5Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:39 pm

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Oh Uno, I feel your pain. My oldest daughter moved into a house full of party animals who would have groundless gathering enough cells to make one whole brain between them just before she turned 18. The house was constantly a mess, there were sheets hung in the dining area to cordon off a bedroom for someone. I never actually went past the front door.

She lasted nearly a year and moved back home when the BF att he time started pushing her around. She's now 23 and still lives here. But she is a whole lot smarter than when she left!

Hang in there!

6Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:55 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmm, can't say I feel your pain 'cause I have no kids but you certainly have my empathy, Uno. Crossed fingers and good luck to you all in this new phase of life.

7Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:17 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

wishing you well Uno. I have no really good words of advice or comfort - the day my kids fledge will be just as worrisome for me I imagine. I'm suspecting your girl will be fine though, she has your genes yes?!?!?! I like how much you are investing in helping her on the road with her adventure and it will no doubt mean more to her than you know. And it gives the message to her that you have confidence in her ability to take on the adventure - even if it falls through, better to give it a go and find out what she can do than stay safe and not know sort of thing.

Do you now have the dog that cannot live in the trailer? what kind is he/she?

8Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:06 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

My sympathies but it's done. I guess I had the opposite experience moving a relative who thought my brother and I are Supermen. Darned near killed ourselves carrying out a freezer. Why is this thing so heavy? Oh, it still full of food. Yes, much easier to wreck my back than get a few boxes and do some extra work.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

9Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:03 am

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

Oh my, that is quite the story.  Oh the blissful ignorance of youth and ineptness in all its glory.  My sympathies to you for having the front row seat to this "event".   As a mother, I found that during this phase of my children being fledgling independent adults, the less I knew the better.  

Brought back memories of me and my husband, married at the ridiculous young age of 18.  We were total tards and didn't know it.  I shudder to recall some of the bone headed ideas we had.  I'll share one.

We were in love.  We had no money.  We were not firing on all cylinders (yet).  I remember when we bought our first mattress a few months into our marriage (were sleeping on a hide-a-bed).  The mattress was second hand and was in new condition.  Seller asks, "do you have a rope to tie it down?".  Hubby looks (thinking duh ? rope?), and says um, no.  Seller says, "would you like to borrow one".  Hubby says, "Na, we won't need one".  I'm thinking to myself, hmmmm..... a rope might be a good idea.  "Honey, maybe we should tie it down".  "Na, it'll be ok"  (First lesson)  Anyhoo, off we go down the road, mattress and box spring in the back of the borrowed pickup truck.  All is okay and we are halfway to our destination when boom, off flies the mattress which is immediately run over by a big Winnebago, and proceeds to be dragged down the road, under the Winnebago for several, many feet.  After we extracted the mattress from the undercarriage of the Winnebago, the one side looked like it had been in a fire and had reverse orthopedic qualities.  Holy crap, did we ever get a tongue lashing from hubby's dad!!  Hubby got to sleep on that side of the bed for many, many, many months until we were able to afford to replace it.  I still cringe when I think about this (and a few other incidents).  But we grew up, figured it out, got smarter and are still and happily married after 37 years.

Your daughter work it out, some how, some way.  As for the other two....
In the meantime, my sympathies.

10Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:16 am

IzzyD

IzzyD

I worry about the day my boys decide they are fledglings

11Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:25 am

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yes when they first leave home it is stressfull.
Especially when they will not listen to your
advise. They think you have no idea about
being young and of course things are different
for them.
My hardest time was when we moved from the
Okanagan to PG but oldest son then 18 stayed
in the Okanagan. The day we headed out was
heart wrenching for me not only was he living on
his own but would be 7-8 hours away. He was fine
and the girlfriend he stayed behind to be with is
now his wife and we have a grandson. Only now
they live in Okotoks which is 10 hrs.

12Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:31 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh the blatant stupidity of youth! She will grow up, she will get a brain...the trick is to have the strength to let it happen and not jump in to rescue the beloved offspring. Sadly they don't always want the benefit of our hard earned wisdom. I remember being her.... no money, very little practical brain power.....I survived and I learned but it wasn't always easy.

13Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:37 am

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Well

From my perspective. It was funny. And you are a mother that is letting your daughter make her own mistakes and are more or less treating her like an adult Smile good for ya!

So. She will smarten up and kick the BF in the arss one of these days. But seriously smoking cigars. Blah!!! In this day and age. WHY!

My mother even though I am 18 still treats me as if I were six. I am the youngest and I mean she's rather not young (I don't want to say old...). Basicly I am the child that does firsts asks permission second because that is the only I get to do things. Like getting my license, a car all that stuff. It sucks but if I ask first the answer is something along the lines of no...

14Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:34 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It's hard to let them do their own thing, even when you know it is absolutely lame and a bad decision. I had a similar experience last year with my daughter - I wanted to grab her and shake her and lock her away in a little room to think about the madness, and then give the guy a swim with a pair of concrete boots...but we're not allowed to do that.  Smile

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

15Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:14 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

IslandGal, I am Italian. I am connected. I AM allowed to send boyfriend for a swim in concrete boots! And I know exactly who to call to make it happen! BWAHHAHHHAHHHAAA!

This is the morning after and I am CLEANING HOUSE (translation, throwing stuff out by the armload). I never realized how much 'stuff' was in this house as a result of and for the convenience of, the Horse Daughter (like 3 horses!) A purge will help me feel like life has taken a new path and I am on it, ready for it, have cleaned to prove it.

You all who have launched children are so right, it's her life, her job, her trials and errors and no, she does not want any wisdom from me. Because I'm stupid. I realize my task is to keep my mouth shut and stay out of the way. Keep my mouth shut. Yeah. I'm good at that  Rolling Eyes But I swear to all of you here, who have so graciously allowed me to whine, that I will try my very best to bite my tongue, keep it to myself, and wave good bye from the dock as boyfriend achieves splashdown.

16Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:20 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Attagirl!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

17Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:49 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Uno... I hope you feel free to whine vent and rage. We are here to share our joy, frustration, laughter, success, failure and triumph.

18Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:50 pm

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Echo 1 wrote:Uno... I hope you feel free to whine vent and rage.  We are here to share our joy, frustration, laughter, success, failure and triumph.

Agreed.... Forums are a great place to vent.

19Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:41 pm

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Personally I was hard pressed not to write and thank you for a great laugh. As it was at your expense, AND you are connected, I thought better of it. Those concrete shoes might hurt my back...
Glad things are looking better today.
Enjoy your clean up and finding some great uses for the new space.
Cheers!

20Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:06 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Uno, my husband and i both enjoyed your post...and i know it was not meant to be entertainment for us. It is what it is...and all you can do is laugh...
It is interesting that no matter how we raise our children, they grow up at first and chose someone who is exactly the opposite of what ever they were used to growing up...that slight rebel in us all. It will pass, perhaps...but she will live in it, and think on it and eventually things will work, or she will realize that those people really aren't her people...
good for you for venting to us...i don't mind at all....
and good for you for spouting off to dumb and dumber...
We have all had our not so great relationships...and i still remember my father's face telling of disapproval..but no one could tell me a thing!..i learned the hard way until i was 45 years old and i finally got smart...
Take heart that she was raised with your brains and eventually they will prevail

21Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:35 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Remind me if I ever get on your bad side UNO to NEVER go near water over 4.5' deep! Lol. Things will look better after you get rid of the excess!! Hugs to ya

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

22Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:33 pm

jocelyn

How ya doing now, Uno?

23Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:23 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi Jocelyn (and everyone!), I am madly cleaning still, have days of organizing and dusting and cobweb zapping to get through yet and ideas of painting and carpet cleaning are dancing in my head.

But I have a very sore throat and overall weakness, so I am cleaning more slowly than normal. Apparently painting and moving my kid out has left me open to invasion by germs. Perfect.

Had to smile when HD dropped by last night to rant at length about the ghastly cost of groceries, the virtues of buying in bulk and the great deal she got on a block of cheese. Very excited at the great purchase she had made on a large bag or burger (cheaper than buying it in little trays) she stopped in to 'borrow' some ziplock baggies, since they had failed to purchase these.

Someone told me to lock the fridge and cupboards because kids often come shopping at home, where the prices can't be beat! BUt I don't mind helping her...seeing the learning is kind of awesome. Like when I was homeschooling and she finally grasped the algebraic concept of solving for X. Aha! I got it!

Bless all of you for being such supportive listeners. Jocelyn, nice to see you here, and I think I'm doing okay. Aside from having a cold.

24Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:47 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good to hear the bright side is beginning to shine for you. Cool she is sharing the new things she is learning and you are able to listen without rolling your eyes!  Very Happy 
I look forward to hearing what changes you have planned for your house.

25Horse Daughter gone Empty Re: Horse Daughter gone Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:50 pm

jocelyn

It'll get better. Ours left in 2003. First bit was hard, got steadily better. By the way, cedars are doing well too, grin. One is taller than me, not that it takes that much....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum