Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Woohoo, I feel like I won the egg lottery!

+2
Hidden River
Blue Hill Farm
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I just finished candling my Ameraucana eggs I purchased from Hidden River and 28/30 show nice veinage and development for day 7, including the one I accidently cracked and patched with scotch tape and hot wax. And if that wasn’t impressive enough, not a single egg has a displaced air cell and these eggs were shipped via Greyhound, aka the Boneshaker.

Thank you so much Jayme. Very Happy Your awesome fertility and superior packaging has made my day. cheers Now if I can just get them all to hatch I’ll be away, hehe.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is awesome news. I am so happy that they are doing so well considering the bus ride. I am sure you will be very happy with the chicks when they hatch, I am loving them.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is awesome cheers

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very Happy I can't wait!

DLC

I dont think you will go wrong buying Hiddens Eggs I have some beautiful golden laced Wyandottes from her eggs last year.

Farmerette

Farmerette
New Here

Yup, Hidden's eggs are top-knotch. I'm egg-erly (hee hee) awaiting some BLR Wyandotte eggs from her to hatch.

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Day 20 update:

Hehehe, I got fuzzy butts! cheers

2 Ameraucana are out so far (one is dark blue and the other is yellow/silver I think?) and 9 more pips.

They are so darn adorable and vigorous. Very Happy Now I feel like I won the chick lottery! LoL

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I LOVE HATCHING! And I'm done for the year, thank goodness. Now I can live vicariously through you. Enjoy Flicker!

Smile

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

^ ME TOO!! cyclops

Sadly we’ll both have to find someone to hatch vicariously through after this hatch is done because I’m packing my bator away too. Sniff. Just typing that is giving me withdrawals. tongue Must. Not. Order. More. Eggs. GAHHH!

lol!

Date 21 update:

16 chicks are out, 2 more zipping, and 10 more pip holes as of this morning. Cool

These have to be some of the smartest (and cutest if I don’t say so myself Wink ) chicks I’ve ever hatched. I was dipping the beak of one in the waterer and all the rest ran over to see, than everybody started drinking like they knew exactly what to do. And rambunctious, oh my! Usually chicks need to chill for abit after hatch in my experience, but not these guys. They were born ready to go. Love it – and them. I love you

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Post-hatch update:

My final tally is 35 fuzz balls. Smile 22 Ameraucana (their little muffs/beards are so darling, hehe) and 13 EE. Jackpot! cheers

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratulations Flicker! Nothing like a successful hatch!

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Chicory. A wonderful feeling for sure. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum