Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A topic revisited, gapeworm, a clear and present danger

+4
Magdelan
heda gobbler
coopslave
CynthiaM
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi CynthiaM, it is done, I made an introduction :-).  I am sorry, should not have used abbreviations.  IB = infectious bronchitis.  We are putting liquid antibiotic called Baytril into their drinking water for 5 days.  Cost me $36 for enough to treat the 8 chickens who were displaying symptoms.  They are in their own area and hope that it doesn't spread to the main group cause to treat the other 22 would cause my budget to heave and sweat uncomfortably right now.  So far all looking quiet on the western front.  Got the 8 on antis under heat lamps  -  first serious frost this morning, my garden is officially toast now.   Chooks will get all the spoils.

I say "chook" with the "ch" sound and as a kid it was my job to go feed the "chookies" :-).   Everything with chicken in it has chook instead . . . chook-run, chook-house, chook-food, chook-shit . . . .  but without the tapeworms hopefully.  What an expose this discussion is.  love it.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Don't worry, they get it here, I chook a lot too!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:Don't worry, they get it here, I chook a lot too!
Hmmmm...I know that and I love that, wonder why you did not call yourself Chookslave, sounds kind of like Coopslave. Oh darn, no it doesn't. I just said that aloud in my mind's eye and they do NOT sound the same. I think in my next life I am going to call myself Chookslave. I like the word chook, still, nevertheless, and I love the accent of the Australian and New Zealand breed of people, smiling, I mean people that have those beautiful and soft accents, I LOVe to listen to that. Oh drat, gone flyin' way off topic, as usual. Oh well, these things make our world go round and round and round. Glad and hope this topic is of great use to many people. Have beautiful days, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum