Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silent Auction- Peavey Mart Urban Farm Show. Nov 23-24th

+10
Butterboy
KendraG
KathyS
steve
Bowker Acres
coopslave
authenticfarm
k.r.l
Jonny Anvil
Schipperkesue
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

i have stuff here from crazyquail lady for the show! sue if you want to come get it? or can meet you sometime?

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh more Silent Auction items... That is Awesome!!!!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

This just in! A new donation from Magdelan. Here is what she has to say about these lovely baby booties...

I am sending what I think are a really nice pair, they are quite plain - just grey but made from hand spun possum (australasian) x merino and really nice quality.
Half the delight in them is that they feel nice so pictures are good but but they don't really sell them, it is the handling and putting your finger inside to feel the merino fleece. Possum is 8 x warmer than wool because it is a hollow fiber but it is also a shorter fiber which can shed so the person who puts these on their baby's foot needs to check for those short hairs getting wrapped around toes etc. I'd put a sock on that foot first though anyway.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, beautiful work on those booties!!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am now wondering if Magdelan could be convinced to take a commission for a pair for an adult. Indoor use, of course!

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:I am now wondering if Magdelan could be convinced to take a commission for a pair for an adult.  Indoor use, of course!

I was thinking the same thing, Schipperkesue!! Laughing 

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I finally got around to getting a photo of the Buff Cochin pair for the silent auction. Its not the best picture, I'm afraid. These youngsters are still in that somewhat awkward teenage stage. Laughing  Its amazing how almost overnight Cochins suddenly take off and start looking round and full and Cochin-like. I love you 
Anyway, these 2 share the same father, but out of different hens. They have had their immunization for ILT plus booster. Should mature very big and fluffy!

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

KathyS wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:I am now wondering if Magdelan could be convinced to take a commission for a pair for an adult.  Indoor use, of course!

I was thinking the same thing, Schipperkesue!! Laughing 
You would not be disappointed! This is the possum sock stuff I always talk about that my inlaws send from NZ!! Magdelan is our resident Kiwi and knows how to handle this stuff. Wait until you touch them Sue!

Beautiful birds KathyS.

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I wish I could work out how to make a quote inside a box within my own post.  having a go here, see if it works.  Oh my goodness, it worked!  just checked in the preview.  So cool.  Cool  

I have been selling these booties for a few years now, have had a few requests to make adult sized pairs.  My apologies but I will not do it.  I suspect that a large foot, with all its activity might slip and slide around on the sheepskin and put a lot of stress on the yarn where it joins the sole.  Someone could have a go though and adapt the pattern to make a larger version but I would suggest that the yarn would have to be changed to include a thread of nylon or if spinning your own yarn, use fiber that is for sock yarn  -  often has a little nylon or something for long life/endurance.  It's probably doable.  The real truth is that I'm just lazy about tackling the math to change the pattern and right now my obsession is chickens and upcycling old lumber into chicken coops.  My brain is sweating over Rathiggins' info about genetics, that is brain gym enough for me right now :-).   I'm holding off tackling it for just a little longer  -  when the snow has landed and I'm not running around all cray cray.

thanks for the interest though, and your endorsement Coopslave.  I'm making her a scarf from some homespun possum/merino that is dark brown  -  the green dollar for chook exchange.  I knit while watching movies at night.  She needs it soon, out there in the prairies plus she has a nasty cold to boot.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wasn't going to say anything about the scarf I am excited about, until you did. Now I can brag about it! I certainly will need it out here. Been pretty nice days, but the wind seems to blow all the time. I will enjoy my new scarf on my sore, sick throat for sure.

To stay sort of on topic, when I get the energy I will post some pictures in another thread to have a vote on which or a couple of things I will donate for the Auction. Stay tuned.....

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

i know its not much but i will be donating one of my "6 egg holder tripleJ farm fresh candles in cinnamon buns scent for xmas =)  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ooo! I love the little egg candles in the ceramic egg tray. do you make the candles yourself, Triple J?

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

sure do kathy ! here is a link to more pictures i make single and 6 egg cup holders and mason jars [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

This weekend I picked up triple J's egg candles and they sure are cute. She also had a nice bunch of wooden items, courtesy of Bowker acres.

And to top it all off, Madgelan's booties have arrives. All I can say is wow! Amazingly warm!

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue, stop wearing those booties and stretching them out!!!!

Thank you for the little parcel, very useful. Been meaning to pm you.

Please let me know where to send the table runners when the final tally is in.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

What better to offer at a silent auction but a bottle of fine wine. This farm-themed concoction is a French import. I bought another bottle to try to *ahem* make sure it is of good quality.

Authentic, you will notice it is a Moscato and that spells tasty!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:Sue, stop wearing those booties and stretching them out!!!!

Thank you for the little parcel, very useful.  Been meaning to pm you.

Please let me know where to send the table runners when the final tally is in.
I tried but could only get my big toe in. I am thinking about Cinderella.

You are welcome, Coopster! I will send you my address.

Why don't you come to the dog show this weekend and deliver them in person? I will be the tall gal with the little black dogs. I will be there by 1:30 tomorrow (Saturday).

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yum yum!!!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Definitely yum yum. Just tried it. Sweet with musky overtones. And a high alcohol content. I am a little too plastered on one glass for a weeknight. Sheesh!

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Right now, I am a little proud. Ha!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Briarwood Poultry has donated this basket of homemade Barn Yard Baking!
3 Small and 1 Large HEN cakes in 3 different flavors, 2 bags of dog cookies and 2 kinds of Horse treats!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I jut got what might be my last mailed donation. Root sent in a couple knitted cozies for a tiny Brinsea incubator. Very cute!

If you still want to donate and are coming to the show you can bring items with you!

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I have a few items from chickencrazygirl that I will be bringing with me for the silent auction.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Are they knitted, Jonny?

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

When I get a moment I will take pics of the items and post them on this thread!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum