Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silent Auction- Peavey Mart Urban Farm Show. Nov 23-24th

+10
Butterboy
KendraG
KathyS
steve
Bowker Acres
coopslave
authenticfarm
k.r.l
Jonny Anvil
Schipperkesue
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

This large and exciting show is coming soon! I have agreed to assist in collection items for their always exciting Silent Auction. In the past the Silent Auction has been a huge draw at the show for participants and visitors alike. It is a great way for individuals to not only support the show but also to promote their own farm and fancy!

We are looking for both quality items and quality animals. In the past we have featured artwork, crafts, breeding trios of chickens, jewellery, wine, etc. Both chicken and non-chicken items as well.

A little bird has told me that some items have already been donated and pictures are on the way!

Who is willing to step up and support this show?

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Two donations so far...a nice bottle of wine and a cash donation from a long distance fancier. I will purchase something nice!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Our own Liz has made some donations. I think I will begin with one. Here is a mystery gift basket. Yes, I know what is in it! You can all anticipate and guess....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Also donated by Liz, these lovely chicken themed earrings!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Another donation to the silent auction from Liz! Such a stunning lamp!

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Some great items already coming!!!

Thanks Sue for showcasing the Silent Auction, It's going to be another great one!

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Nice Silent Auction items!!!

I am donating a 2013 trio of Partridge Chanteclers to the the silent auction. Will include pictures soon.

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue, have you gone shopping for the first cash donation yet? I was trying to think of something I could donate, but if you're going shopping anyway, I would be happy to add to your shopping fund. Or maybe I could donate something small and easily transportable - a gift certificate to UFA??

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks KRL! You have made the first animal donation! I love the look of the partridge chanticler! Are they not Alberta born and bred?

Authentic, I am going to hit up a couple local businesses tonight after school. I will let you know how it turns out.

If I may be so bold...a piece of original photographic artwork is always a hit! (and easily mailed!)

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I could do both ...

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I live in a cave, where is this being held?

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is the annual CHB show in Red Deer Alberta.  I am encouraging the very shy directors to share more information on this upcoming extravaganza.  

Last edited by Schipperkesue on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

authenticfarm wrote:I could do both ...
Win!

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

How about ... two sets of four 8x10 prints??

I could give them to you at the Lloyd dog show, if you're still coming out this way ...

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank-you, Authentic! I will be in Lloyd and am looking forward to seeing you and your prints! What a generous donation!

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

First set

Second set

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

affraid   Stunning!  I will be bidding for sure!

Oh... would you mind if I posted them on the same thread on ACE? We need a little donation inspiration over there!

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:affraid   Stunning!  I will be bidding for sure!

Oh... would you mind if I posted them on the same thread on ACE?  We need a little donation inspiration over there!

If you get outbid, I know where you can get more. Wink

Share away!

I will also do a $50 UFA gift certificate.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Authentic, could you tell us a little about your photographs?

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I took them and they're awesome? lol

I like textures, images that can evoke a sense memory - the feel of peeling paint on old wood drop siding, the sharp roughness of rusted metal, the softness of a rose petal, that plush, juicy feel of a lily, the coarseness of the horsehair some little bird chose to line its nest with against the incredible smoothness of the tiny speckled egg, tucked amongst the prickly raspberry canes, the leathery feel of a leaf not yet dropped from the tree. These are all things I see around the farm, and I enjoy their simple beauty.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank-you Authentic!

*New donation alert*

KathyS has donated a young pair of her quality large fowl Buff Cochins! She plans to include pictures when they mature a little. Thank-you, Kathy!

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

The prints for my donation came in today! They look awesome. Everything always looks better in print.

KathyS = the awesome. There should be some heavy bidding for all of the chickens donated so far!

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sue, when is your dog show in Lloyd? I am close and could bring something there as well. I have a friend with an embroidery machine and could perhaps get a couple hen and rooster towels made up for the event or something of the sort. I will check to see what she has. I hope to make it to the show.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bowker Acres wrote:Sue, when is your dog show in Lloyd?  I am close and could bring something there as well.  I have a friend with an embroidery machine and could perhaps get a couple hen and rooster towels made up for the event or something of the sort.  I will check to see what she has.  I hope to make it to the show.  
I will be there the 27, 28 and 29 of September. I understand there is an auction in Lloyd that weekend as well. I would love to see you, Bowker. Embroidered towels would be lovely!

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
Bowker Acres wrote:Sue, when is your dog show in Lloyd?  I am close and could bring something there as well.  I have a friend with an embroidery machine and could perhaps get a couple hen and rooster towels made up for the event or something of the sort.  I will check to see what she has.  I hope to make it to the show.  
I will be there the 27, 28 and 29 of September.  I understand there is an auction in Lloyd that weekend as well.  I would love to see you, Bowker.  Embroidered towels would be lovely!
I will try to meet up with you on Friday. I am not sure if I can have the embroidery done by then, but I will come up with something for you. I don't need anything at the auction. I am going to not have chickens this winter. I need to fox proof my fencing. For years the dog did the job, but apparently now that he no longer kills chickens, he also no longer chases predators as well. My stupidity will only get the best of me once!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum