Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harvest soup for the Farmer's Market.

+7
islandgal99
lanaire-ranching
CynthiaM
Daisychainsaw
appway
mirycreek
Bowker Acres
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Bowker Acres wrote:I wish I had a better way to present it rather than just a bag, but you can see everything you are getting.  I have had an awesome year at the market.  It is a fun way to pay for the propane to heat the greenhouse.  
Go to your local bakery and ask to buy the trays they use for cookies etc.  you can then put the soup mix on the tray saran it and it will look very nice. People here buy them for bake sales. I am sure it will work just fine and look good .
Geri

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Rasilon wrote:
Bowker Acres wrote:I wish I had a better way to present it rather than just a bag, but you can see everything you are getting.  I have had an awesome year at the market.  It is a fun way to pay for the propane to heat the greenhouse.  
Go to your local bakery and ask to buy the trays they use for cookies etc.  you can then put the soup mix on the tray saran it and it will look very nice. People here buy them for bake sales. I am sure it will work just fine and look good .
Geri
That would work if I cut it all up first - but I am not in that business! There is 5-6 pounds of vegies in the bag! I will do up a few more bags this week, but people are looking for carrots and cukes. I will concentrate on those. Mom and I made about 15 apple pies today and another 12 quarts of pie filling. I will take those as well. We will be heavy into harvest soon so my days at the market will be numbered. This may be my last market.

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

authenticfarm wrote:
appway wrote:What a Great Idea I am sure people will buy it What Market do you go to
also wanted to ask I am thinking about a 16qt pressure canner what do you think?
Let us know how the harvest soup bags sell
I bought a pressure canner last year to do diced tomatoes up and it scares the crap out of me to use it. I don't think I will use it again until I build my outdoor canning kitchen!
Why??
What kind of pressure canner do you have??
I have an All American pressure canner.
Nice unit...
Bought it off of ebay.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum