Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Farmers Almanac says we are going to have off and on days of snow into april

+2
heda gobbler
appway
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Found this on line
You can look at your city if it is listed
Here is Saskatchewan and Alberta and BC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope they are wrong I am tired of cold and snow

Last edited by appway on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added BC)

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

We get snow on and off every year until April, if not May.

I feed cattle until early June.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well we have some snow in april and may but we usually have a good melt before then and the way it is going now there has been no melt
we also feed the Horses into late may into june

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here are a couple of pictures on April 21st, 2011. I don't hold my breath around here about when the snow REALLY goes! Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It doesn't even cover up here. Too far north. Closest place to me on that is still 5 hours south! And lol everyone else we usually feed til end of June. With the drought up here we have had to feed or suplement year round for four years now.

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

What Heda Gobbler said. That is a pretty safe bet since we have always had a sketchy April. My wife's birthday is in April and she recently said to me that it always snows around her birthday even tho the snow may have been melted off before that.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

have to see how accurate they are for March. They're calling for snow showers but the weather network is calling for sun starting tomorrow. Who will win?

According the to almanac we should be cold now and it's around 0. Been opening the henhouse for fresh air.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum