Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good kitty???

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Good kitty??? Empty Good kitty??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:23 am

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My cat is progressing in the world of hunting. There has always been the odd shrew, of course always left on the front step. Ad there has been years of snakes which gets me up in arms. I feel like I am forever on a snake rescue mission, I love snakes and they are the only predator of garden pest #1 the slug so it irks me that she catches them...and then she maims them, she doesn't usually kill them. And again the front step is the favorite dropping ground, but she doesn't kill them and they often find thier way in the house...when I see the cats hovering over a heat register, I know what's up. Snake rescue.

And now rats. That's a good thing I suppose, but again the front step thing...um...YUCK! Yesterday a pregnant mom, today one that's almost full grown. On the front step. The other cat, who usually runs out the door and gobbles up what ever was the present, won't even look at these., looks like she's saying "ewww" too. Oh the joys.

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

2Good kitty??? Empty Re: Good kitty??? Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:33 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yeah, our kitties do the same thing. There hasn’t been a morning yet that I haven’t removed rodent/bird parts from the front step or patio. I don’t mind really. As long as their killing nasty mice, the cats are in my good books. No rodent is safe now, not even the cocky squirrels. Twisted Evil 
Wish they’d leave the little birds alone though. One caught and ate a male Martin the other day...Sad  (figure it must have hit the dining room window and been stunned). I was two bites too late to save him.

3Good kitty??? Empty Re: Good kitty??? Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:26 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very impressive. Lots of cats make good hunters but not all have the talent for ratting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum