Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How does one delete a previous post?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How does one delete a previous post? Empty How does one delete a previous post? Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:34 am

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Can someone please give me direction with this, so i can look after posts that are no longer applicable
thanks

2How does one delete a previous post? Empty Re: How does one delete a previous post? Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:07 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That's a good question. I'm not sure you can...scratch

eta: after posting this I noticed a little x button on the bottom, right of the editor button. One push and whoosh, everything I wrote was gone.

3How does one delete a previous post? Empty Re: How does one delete a previous post? Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:12 am

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Flicker Chick wrote:That's a good question. I'm not sure you can...scratch

eta: after posting this I noticed a little x button on the bottom, right of the editor button. One push and whoosh, everything I wrote was gone.

hmm..i don't seem to have an "x"...but i just went into editer....not putting in a new post.
perhaps we aren't meant to delete?

4How does one delete a previous post? Empty Re: How does one delete a previous post? Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:12 am

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

now i see the x

5How does one delete a previous post? Empty Re: How does one delete a previous post? Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:14 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

You only get an x to delete if you are the last post in a thread.  If someone posts after you it is gone and you cannot remove your post without a trace.  To removed a post, click edit, erase the post and type in something else, like 'post removed'.

6How does one delete a previous post? Empty Re: How does one delete a previous post? Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:22 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

If you need a post deleted you can contact a forum admin.

Hidden River or myself.

7How does one delete a previous post? Empty Re: How does one delete a previous post? Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:59 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny beat me to it.

As the writer of many posts that should never see the light of day, I have had to go, on bended knee, head bowed, hat in hand and ask to PLEASE, PLEASE be excused from my hasty and mindless abuse of the 'send' button. Hidden has been gracious enough to grant me a reprieve from my own stupidity.
 I am eternally grateful.

Or...go into 'edit', highlight your entire post and press 'delete'. It will leave a title/heading with a weird, empty bubble. As Sue said, some brief explanation is appropriate in this circumstance.

8How does one delete a previous post? Empty Re: How does one delete a previous post? Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:45 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

thanks folks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum