Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smilies lost

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Smilies lost Empty Smilies lost Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:23 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

the past two days I have come on our forum, it appears that I do not have the window to the right when replying to a post that has the smiley emoticons, gone, so I can't make faces.  I can't seem to see if it is turned off or something.  My preferences indicate that they are turned on.  anyone else experiencing this, or know how to fix it?  Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

Oh ya, can't post images either, only shows up as the url codes from photobucket.

2Smilies lost Empty Re: Smilies lost Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:35 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cynthia on your reply screen the smilies are up above now, look up in the top row and you will see a smilie face, click on that and your emoticons will come up.
As for posting pictures it should be the same, but if not there is  an image link you can sue for your URL from photobucket, it is up in the top row as well and looks like poloroid picture with a green plus sign on the bottom of it, click that and insert your URL code and see if that works.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Smilies lost Empty Re: Smilies lost Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:58 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Shocked Wow, OK ,so when did that change take place.  the screen looks so foreign without the bar on the side with all the smilies.  Gonna try and do a photo now.  thanks for helping me out Hidden.  I wonder if others did not know this change?  Poll?????

Why did this occur?  Just curious.  OK, now gonna try and put a picture in this post too to see if I can get it to work.  Got a post made yesterday with the url links in it, so will just copy and paste.  Hold on.....I'll try to insert an image just by copying and pasting the url here

[img][url=https://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo19/CindiQ/Buff orpington brooder segregated April 2012/Buffsegregatedbrooder1.jpg%5b/IMG][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Hidden, when I just copy and paste the url, the picture does not automatically come up in the post, like when I preview the post, only the symbols for the link.  I'll do a little more testing, but even that "insert image" icon is not working.  Hmmm....any other ideas?  Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.
[/img]

4Smilies lost Empty Re: Smilies lost Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:04 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmmm...the image linking :roll:appeared to work, but still could not bring the image up in the preview of the post, that is not good, cause preview is important before posting.  Gonna try some things, bear with me, maybe a bunch of dumb posts coming up, have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

5Smilies lost Empty Re: Smilies lost Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:15 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

OK, so when I push the "insert image" button, copy into the url box the url code, and then push insert.  There is nothing that shows the code.

[IMG][url=https://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo19/CindiQ/Buff orpginton roosters and babies 2012/Bufforpingtonroostermammasandbabies2.jpg%5b/IMG][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But when I push paste, from the copied url code right into the document, the picture shows up.  This is annoying me.  Why has things changed.  Oh well, I just don't take well to change.  I think something has gone array in my computer.  Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

OK, ok, trying to help others if they are experiencing the same issue.  I guess when I push the insert image icon, the image url is not shown in the post, it is hidden?  Only the picture shows up?  I hope you don't mind my doing some testing here, am I now becoming annoying?  Sorry if I am....

6Smilies lost Empty Re: Smilies lost Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:18 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Please bear with me, doing some testing here Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

7Smilies lost Empty Re: Smilies lost Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:20 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmm....image shows up in my preview, but only as three symbols in the post.  Hmmmm...I have to leave this alone for today, getting a headache from being annoyed.  Have a wonderful day to us all, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum