Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

finally found some pilgrims in my neighbourhood,

+4
Echo 1
Schipperkesue
uno
vic's chicks
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

vic's chicks

I finally found someone who breeds pilgrims . They have breeding stock via coal creek farms from holderreads . Then later added two females from metzers. They have 2 day old, and one week old goslings. They live about 20 minutes from here, want 40 dollars a gosling. I feel like I am getting cold feet now that it could be a reality, I am excited and scared. I am going to see them today to see if I really want to do this.

vic's chicks

Went to see the geese but I wish we hadn't. As we were turning into the driveway a motorcycle slammed into the drivers side. Motorcycle and driver went over the car and i watched in horror as the body of a man was thrown about thirty feet from us. Our car will probably be written off. The man was still alive and communicating. I hope someone lets us know if he is going to be ok. I think we are ok. my husband is cut a little and is not sure how he feels yet. We are still in shock. The man who was selling the geese was the retired inspector of the rcmp. He saw the whole thing happen. We actually looked at geese and talked about geese for awhile . It was a good distraction while the ambulance and tow truck were busy. I think i will get some geese from him but I will decide in a couple of days. I am thinking 2 females and a male.

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

What!? Are you serious!? My god! That is HORRIBLE!I hope you and Hub are okay. I hope the bike rider is too. I would be in shock. Maybe hold off deciding about the geese until you're sure you're in your right mind. Shock has a way of making you not think straight.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh my, this is like some horrible bad dream. I hope EVERYONE is all right!

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am so sorry, I hope everyone will be ok. How awful!

vic's chicks

I have had a couple of glasses of wine and a couple of doses of arnica and am feeling much calmer now. The retired rcmp inspector called and said that he talked to the ambulance attendants who thought the young man(23) would not have any broken bones or anything serious. Thank goodness. I keep replaying it over and over in my mind. I was sure he would be dead when I got to him. His motorcycle was in pieces all over the place and the side of our car looks like something much bigger ran into it. It was like something I have seen in the movies. What possessed him to try to pass when we were turning we will probably never know. We had slowed down to find the address. I think the car behind was pretty close to us. He pulled out from behind them and my guess is that he never saw our turn signal. I was so glad to hear he would probably be ok. Hubby is feeling a little twinge in his neck, hopefully it just goes away. Something was bothering his foot so he took his shoes off and dumped out a cup full of glass. It all feels so surreal.

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

A twinge in the neck will NOT go away and DO NOT ignore it! Whiplash is no joke and can have lasting effects if you don't get it looked at. I was in a car accident once and failed to be properly treated. I spent years getting physio for headaches that were caused by damage to my neck. SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION. A twinge becomes an ache becomes seizing up and painful immobility. Do not fool around with this, if your Hub needs a neck brace, see that he gets one now, when it can help him! Please.

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a shock! Do get that neck looked at - Uno is right (isn't she always?).

But perhaps the geese will be a welcome cheer-you-up! No wonder you had cold feet!

Young men and motorcycles are a dangerous combination.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

How horrid! I'm so glad the boy is not seriously hurt. I hope your hubby will be ok, too. He won't feel the full effects for a couple of days. Do see a doc then. When I had someone hit my truck the doc I saw right away didn't find anything wrong because I wasn't feeling the full effects yet, and his report went to ICBC. It took 2 years for my shoulder to recover, and it still bothers me if I do too much computering.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am not sure how insurance works in BC. Do you guys still just have ONE auto insurance company?

Anyway. BOTH of you see a doctor and make sure you follow up with all treatment he suggests. I would also suggest a chiropractor and massage therapy just to make things right. Keep all your receipts and painstakingly record the time you use for treatment and the time you have to take off work. Make sure you have ALL this information photocopied out for when the insurance company comes and wants to 'settle your claim'. It is very important to lay a paper trail for these guys.

Promise you will do this.

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh my god, what an awful thing to happen on your way to see the geese!! pale Thank goodness no one was seriously injured or worse...I hope your hubby's neck will be okay. Definitely insist on him getting it checked out, the sooner the better...

vic's chicks

Thanks everyone. We will be seeing a doctor today. I am still recovering from being rear ended two years ago. I am well aware of all details unfortunately. It hit me in the middle of the night , when I looked over at him that if any part of that motorcycle or driver had gone through his window instead of over the car that he might not be here. We have much to be thankful for.

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

So sorry to hear about this vic. How traumatizing. Thank God the motorcyclist is going to be okay and hopefully he has learned a big lesson. Trauma has a way of replaying itself over and over again in one's mind. Just keep breathing into the feelings. The images should eventually subside in time.

You mentioned arnica.......got any rescue remedy you can take?

Take care. I love you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum