Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

email only and no one can pick up the phone anymore

+16
Echo 1
Fowler
rosewood
pfarms
Arcticsun
heda gobbler
Dan Smith
coopslave
Blue Hill Farm
CynthiaM
Schipperkesue
authenticfarm
Rasilon
uno
KendraG
Piet
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

This spring I was selling Heritage chicks from my lines and breeds and I was asking 5.00 per chick and I got a person who called me from the south side of the city and he told me that last year he bought some barn yard chicks for 3.00 a piece but they were from Lethbridge which is 3 hours away and he said that I was charging too much. He must be a rocket scientist because after he spends at least a hundred dollars on gas to drive a 6 hour return trip to save 2.00 per chick plus his time and the fact that he was probably going to get a much nicer chick from me actually makes me happy that he didn't buy from me. He is probably the type to call the farmer who sold him the 3.00 chick and complain about how many turned out to be roosters. He is that farmers problem now , not mine.

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Why is proper communication a dying art? I realize that people are busy but if a person can't invest a little time in communication I will REFUSE to use the valuable time I have to "spare" on them.. If you want to give a home to one of my beloved animals it's going to cost you some time and effort!

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Bump... So now if you reply that you do not sell, you become a bully a troll a jerk and are not helping the fancy! F..ing hell this drives me mad!

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

The beautiful thing about a free market is that you can choose who you want to sell to.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

...okay...i am one of those people
but i have a reason, and now i will never do it again..
i am one of those people
i might write, for instance; there was an ad, it was a little old..selling some birds that i was after.
Me..i don't like to bother people..so i like to keep things very short just in case people have things to do..( my friends mock me about this..but it is true)
so, i wrote saying...do you have welsummers?...and what i meant was still available..but sent too early..again, nerves and not wanting to sent a 2nd email...
the person wrote back..yes...

so, this is a good post for me..a lesson. AND now,,i must warn all of you- you will get a polite, and completely constructed letter

Nom_de_Plume

Nom_de_Plume

I try to encourage all my customers to contact me via email for several reasons.
1. I'm busy working (farming/processing) all day and I don't sit by the phone.
2. It takes longer to listen to a rambling phone message than it does to read an email.
3. I can respond to an email at 5am while I'm drinking my coffee, instead of trying to find time during the day while I'm working.
4. "phone tag", there are times where I've spent days receiving and leaving voicemail messages, it's a pain
5. In an email I have a record I can refer to of actually what was requested and agreed upon in case there is a discrepancy.

niglefritz

I prefer emails, because I am shy and not overly confident with my speech. With email, I can put more thought into my replies. On the other hand, I do like to meet the people if possible, as scary as that can be for me...

I also like to include my name, but not my phone number unless it is necessary...I don't have a land line.

I do like to include information, but not too much. I sometimes keep things short, because I know that I can write too much at times.

One thing that I don't like when someone answers an ad are questions that are already answered in the actual ad (can you not read?)...or if I email, having to reply over and over to get my real questions answered. I am currently dealing with a music teacher that seems to be this way...we most likely won't be hiring him in the future if he can't pay attention. Listening is part of the art of teaching those things.

Anyway, just my opinion here.

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

coopslave wrote:This is a tough one for me because I usually do things short and to the point.  Some people probably find that a bit rude, but I don't think they need my life story and I don't feel I need theirs.  I don't like to send long emails but I always sign my name to show it is a genuine one.  I hate when there is not a name attached when it is someone I don't know personally.
So I am happy with a few short emails and then a phone conversation when the fine details need to be made.
I'm with you, Coop. Short, to the point, but polite, and identify yourself.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum