Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Saving With a Cell Phone

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Saving With a Cell Phone Empty Saving With a Cell Phone Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:17 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

This sort of fits in with the save a buck topic. My wife and I are only away from home occasionally so we don't have a contract cellular plans. We buy the minimum pay as go from Bell and Telus which suits our situation just fine. Occasionally the date expires before we buy a new card. If you do not top up again within 30 days of buying a $10 Telus card you lose the unused balance. Telus sends out a letter offerring to restore the unused balance if you top up within a set time limit. In the latest incident Telus sent out a letter dated January 9th offerring to restore the unused balance if we renewed by January 27th. Like most people living in on a farm we do receive mail at our door daily and do not check our postal box every day. We received the letter on January 28th although I believe we picked up mail within a day or two of the 27th. I emailed Telus about receiving the top up offer after their deadline as it had happened previously. They replied that they had sent the letter out on January 4th and that we could top up any time with a credit card which is something we do not have. I emailed a second time pointing out that their letter was dated January 9th and not the 4th. Today we received a message that they would extend the deadline to February 7th. In a way it is another way the telecom people punish rural living people. If you live in town here high speed internet is very available, but if you live a short distance out of town you must rely on satellite or wireless which is slower and more expensive.

2Saving With a Cell Phone Empty Re: Saving With a Cell Phone Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes, we learned this right after moving back to SK. Hooking the internet up out here was a huge jump through many hoops expense. It seems even more ironic considering I can look out my kitchen window and see the flashing lights of the tower that provides service to the nearby village, but not to the rural farms in the area, including ours. Rolling Eyes

As for cell phone savings, OT, but never again will I sign a contract to get $$ off the cost of purchasing the phone. Rogers really had the last laugh on us there. Money Throw

3Saving With a Cell Phone Empty Re: Saving With a Cell Phone Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:32 pm

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I here ya I did that once with rogers I was paying $300 to $400 a mouth never a gain
Flicker Chick wrote:Yes, we learned this right after moving back to SK. Hooking the internet up out here was a huge jump through many hoops expense. It seems even more ironic considering I can look out my kitchen window and see the flashing lights of the tower that provides service to the nearby village, but not to the rural farms in the area, including ours. Rolling Eyes

As for cell phone savings, OT, but never again will I sign a contract to get $$ off the cost of purchasing the phone. Rogers really had the last laugh on us there. Money Throw

4Saving With a Cell Phone Empty Re: Saving With a Cell Phone Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:38 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

Flicker Chick wrote:Yes, we learned this right after moving back to SK. Hooking the internet up out here was a huge jump through many hoops expense. It seems even more ironic considering I can look out my kitchen window and see the flashing lights of the tower that provides service to the nearby village, but not to the rural farms in the area, including ours. Rolling Eyes

We have Sask tel MIFI, when we first contacted Sask tel about it know one new what I was talking about, afetr soem reasearch and asking to talk to a manager we went to town picked our MIFI unit and now we have high speed in very rural Saskatchewan, it is less that any other Rural Internet provider and we can take it to the lake and have coverage there to if we want, it is no bigger than a cell phine and works anyplace a cell phone works.

http://www.popscoops.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum