Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics*

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Empty Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Fri May 27, 2011 12:57 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I didn’t want to jinx it by saying anything too early, but Lily’s been sitting on golf balls for three nights now. She only leaves the nest box once a day to have a big poop, eat/ drink and she’s running right back there. She’s also been growling at everyone that comes near her, including me. So I think it’s official. Smile I’m going to make a broody box later this afternoon and move her to a separate pen tonight so the other hens quit bothering her. I don’t want any reason for her to give up.

Last year Lily hatched 4/5 and was a great little mama. This couldn’t have come at a better time. I’m SOOO excited! Very Happy

Last edited by Flicker Chick on Mon May 30, 2011 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)

2Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Empty Re: Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Fri May 27, 2011 1:04 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

What breed is she Flicker?

3Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Empty Re: Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Fri May 27, 2011 3:26 pm

Cool! Good luck with that. Smile

4Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Empty Re: Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Fri May 27, 2011 5:29 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

At this very moment I have 5 that have gone broody and three of them don't even have eggs under them let alone fake eggs. The other two are Partridge Chanteclers and they have 10 eggs under each of them. The three without eggs will have eggs put under them after the Red Deer sale when I see which breed of eggs that I may have left.

5Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Empty Re: Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Sat May 28, 2011 6:45 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lily is a Barred Rock (from mirycreek) Smile

Lucky you Dan. Do Chanteclers often go broody?

6Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Empty Re: Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Sat May 28, 2011 8:07 am

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yaaay for Lily!! Lou

7Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Empty Re: Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Mon May 30, 2011 8:21 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh my!
I almost want her back....LOL.
I have never had a broody Barred Rock...ever!
It may help that she was hatched and raised by a broody hen herself, but it was a great big white orpington!!

I find my Dominiques will go broody, even a couple in their pullet year, but haven't had a really serious one yet...

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

8Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Empty Re: Lily’s gone BROODY!!! *added pics* Mon May 30, 2011 7:01 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Really miry? And here I figured you had broody BR’s left and right. LoL I always felt Lily was extra special, but knowing that makes her even more so. I guess I really lucked out, eh? I hope a serious broody comes your way soon. Smile

Thought I’d share a few pics of the intense lil' mama to be. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here's one I took of Lily's adopted daughters (an EE x Cochin & an EE) despite being raised by a broody, neither have show any tendency to set.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum