Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lily's a mama again...*pics*

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lily's a mama again...*pics* Empty Lily's a mama again...*pics* Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:25 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Only this time her babies quack.  Laughing 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lily is one proud mama hen, and has every right to be. She managed to hatch 3/3 slightly mauled duck eggs that I rescued from our egg loving canine. All three eggs had multiple cracks (yay for scotch tape) and were cold to touch, so I wasn’t really expecting much. Pretty incredible really.  Smile 

Cuteness overload... I love you 

2Lily's a mama again...*pics* Empty Re: Lily's a mama again...*pics* Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:28 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

THANK-YOU for Posting those pictures !!! That really made my DAY!!! cheers cheers cheers

This one is my favorite!!!

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

3Lily's a mama again...*pics* Empty Re: Lily's a mama again...*pics* Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:09 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That's my fav too!  Very Happy  Little fella was totally playing peek a boo.  cheers

4Lily's a mama again...*pics* Empty Re: Lily's a mama again...*pics* Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:21 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh my!!! That is so awesome!  Lily is looking great and ducklings so hard to believe hoe the duvk jumped up there probably too warm underneath!!!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

5Lily's a mama again...*pics* Empty Re: Lily's a mama again...*pics* Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Farmer Bob

Farmer Bob
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

That's awesome! How many times has this hen set for you? Is this the 2nd year in a row, or even more?

6Lily's a mama again...*pics* Empty Re: Lily's a mama again...*pics* Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:00 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Would lily be 5 or 6 ?  We were trying to figure the year.  I remember her and her sister were hatched by a white orpington mama.

7Lily's a mama again...*pics* Empty Re: Lily's a mama again...*pics* Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Adorable!

8Lily's a mama again...*pics* Empty Re: Lily's a mama again...*pics* Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:34 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks all.  flower 

Farmer Bob, she's raised batches of peeps for me every year I've had her. I consider Lily one of the best chicken purchases I've ever made.  Smile I wouldn't trade her for anything... 

Miry, I had Lily down as four....but could she be five? I thought I bought her and her sister in 2010... I'd have to dig out my old coop logs because I cannot remember. This is exactly why I write everything down!  Laughing

9Lily's a mama again...*pics* Empty Re: Lily's a mama again...*pics* Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:03 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

I found it!  A Lily baby pic!  Here she is with her mama a white orpington, little frizzle cochin mama in the background with one of her chicks in front of her.
My pic says 2009 so that makes Lily 5 this year I think  Wink

10Lily's a mama again...*pics* Empty Re: Lily's a mama again...*pics* Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:32 am

Farmer Bob

Farmer Bob
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Ok...that is great! I love natural hatching and being able to go back and show the hen as a chick! Awesome! I definitely want to improve the broodiness in my flock of Orpingtons!

11Lily's a mama again...*pics* Empty Re: Lily's a mama again...*pics* Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:14 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

mirycreek wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I found it!  A Lily baby pic!  Here she is with her mama a white orpington, little frizzle cochin mama in the background with one of her chicks in front of her.
My pic says 2009 so that makes Lily 5 this year I think  Wink

Awww! Thanks miry, this made my day!  I love you Do you mind if I save the pic for my chicken photo album?...I'd love to have a pic of Lily as a youngster.  Very Happy

12Lily's a mama again...*pics* Empty Re: Lily's a mama again...*pics* Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:20 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Farmer Bob wrote:Ok...that is great!  I love natural hatching and being able to go back and show the hen as a chick!  Awesome!  I definitely want to improve the broodiness in my flock of Orpingtons!

Me too! My DH likes to bug me about my chicken 'scrap books', but I find them invaluable, not to mention FUN, to look back through.  Smile

13Lily's a mama again...*pics* Empty Re: Lily's a mama again...*pics* Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:09 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh by all means save it! Im still digging for a pic of her and her sis and mom sitting together on the roost when they moved back to the coop.  Ill keep searching...
Pics are the best way to record your flock changes I think.  When I look back at some of my "best" doms when I began I have to smile but hey they were the best then!  Laughing

14Lily's a mama again...*pics* Empty Re: Lily's a mama again...*pics* Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:50 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum