Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you're interested, sign and share

+4
Dark Wing Duck
Swamp Hen
KatuskiFarms
Schipperkesue
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1If you're interested, sign and share Empty If you're interested, sign and share Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:10 am

Another GE proposal. Please sign.

EDIT: Link in post 3, because I am smart Very Happy

Last edited by Sweetened on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

2If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:57 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Is there a link?

3If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:58 am

Schipperkesue wrote:Is there a link?

LOL. Epic failure.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

No, epic failure would be to provide a link to sign to promote GE. Sorry to inform you that your failure was but a minor one.

5If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:05 pm

Schipperkesue wrote:No, epic failure would be to provide a link to sign to promote GE. Sorry to inform you that your failure was but a minor one.

LOL Thank you.

6If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:48 pm

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Done.

7If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:11 pm

Done !

8If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

Done. What is this world coming to? Evil or Very Mad

9If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Swamp Hen wrote:Done. What is this world coming to? Evil or Very Mad

Next thing you know, there will be GE weed for all the free spirited people! LOL!! drunken

10If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:37 pm

GE Mary Jane... Genetically modified to give you the sensation of being on acid, ecstasy, heroin AND cocaine.

Or, GE'd to not give you the munchies.

Idiots.

11If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:33 pm

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Signed. Eucalyptus is a huge weed growing rampant in Hawaii. We do NOT want it made cold tolerant so it can spread north into Canada...

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

12If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:20 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Done.

13If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:59 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Signed!

14If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:32 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm curious what species are they talking about? There are over 250 species of Eucalyptus tree?

It already grows in the pacific north west as far north as Fort Nelson even.
I'm not denying that it has its downfalls, but that article didn't have near enough information for someone like myself to make a reasonable decision.

15If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:37 am

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

If they have to engineer it to be cold hardy, then it isn't any variety that grows here.

Here is some further info:

16If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:39 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ruffledfeathers wrote:I'm curious what species are they talking about? There are over 250 species of Eucalyptus tree?

It already grows in the pacific north west as far north as Fort Nelson even.
I'm not denying that it has its downfalls, but that article didn't have near enough information for someone like myself to make a reasonable decision.

I rarely sign these things for the same reason.

Now if Sweetened really wants to talk epic fail, the trees on the link are NOT eucalyptus. If you can overlook an obvious detail like that, what else are you missing?

17If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:06 am

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I know I posted this already, but the post disappeared?

"The tree is Eucalyptus grandis x urophylla. The plant is a cold-hardy eucalyptus that ArborGen is developing for future commercial purposes, mainly pulp for paper."

Quoted from here:

""We know the Cryptococcus gattii pathogen is associated with eucalyptus trees in other countries and a federal investigation is urgently needed to fully assess ArborGen's proposed Alabama outdoor field trials of genetically engineered eucalyptus," said Neil Carman of the Sierra Club.

Rachel Smolker, a research biologist with the Global Justice Ecology Project, said "Cryptococcus gattii is considered by the Centers for Disease Control as an 'emerging infectious disease.' Inhalation of spores causes respiratory and central nervous system infection leading to fatal fungal meningitis."

Taken from here:

"Eucalyptus trees are also water hogs, and tend to be a big reason why California experiences intense and frequent wildfires. According to the Global Justice Ecology Project and the STOP GE Trees Campaign, eucalyptus trees' high oil levels combined with their deep tap roots tend to exacerbate drought conditions, which leads to increased fire threats."

From here:

"eucalyptus trees are both explosively flammable and extremely water intensive. And now they’ve modified them to be cold tolerant, so they can spread throughout the US South. It’s a disaster waiting to happen. GE eucalyptus trees are like kudzu, only flammable.” [4] There are also several engineered species of native trees that are in the field trial stage-like poplar and loblolly pine that could irreversibly contaminate native forests with their engineered traits. [5]"

From here:

For those of you who prefer to de-bunk people's concerns without actually doing any research.

We only have one planet. Most people prefer to be ostriches and go on their merry way, which is why it is all going to crap.

18If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:51 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

SucellusFarms wrote:

For those of you who prefer to de-bunk people's concerns without actually doing any research.

We only have one planet. Most people prefer to be ostriches and go on their merry way, which is why it is all going to crap.

Would this be a message for Ruffled Feathers and myself? I don't know about RF, but I do enjoy the opportunities I have on this forum to share my thoughts and disagree with others. I also love that others feel free to disagree with me. It allows me to think about both sides if a discussion and share my opinions in a way that encourages the thoughtful and intelligent continuation of a subject without feeling spoken down to or targeted.

19If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:25 pm

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Not targeted at anyone in particular. Glad no offense is taken. We each have to decide what is relevant for ourselves.

20If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very Happy Delightful! Very Happy

21If you're interested, sign and share Empty Re: If you're interested, sign and share Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:52 pm

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sweetented, there is a free movie on U-tube I think you would enjoy if you haven't found it yet. Its called Poison on the Platter and was made in India:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum