Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

went to a chicken meeting and they bashed my bators

+11
Pollywog
heda gobbler
uno
ChicoryFarm
Fowler
KatuskiFarms
toybarons
SerJay
Schipperkesue
authenticfarm
Rasilon
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Clearly you have issues with balls, smiling. Razz Embarassed Come on Uno, you must know that roosters do not have any balls.

Indeed they do Cynthia, just inside instead of outside! Shocked so kinda hard to check, or if you do they still wont be good for breeding duties Razz

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rasilon wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:Rasilon, are you using a red alcohol thermometer or a digital? I find the alcohol to be far more accurate. The ones that look like a little speedometer are the least accurate. If you know someone with a Spot Check incubator thermometer, borrow it to calibrate the thermometer you have and you will be good to go.

Check the temperatures in the different areas of the bator. They can vary. You can counter act this by moving the eggs around when you turn and add water or by turning the top 1/4 turn three times a day.

Is it dry where you are? A light mist once a day also helps.

Mine looks like a speedometer It was reco0mended so I bought one for each hovo
no i don't know anybody with a spor check or a spot check

I would buy a spot check thermompeter from Brinesea. You can order one from Clayton Botkin. They are well worth the price. They are extrtemely accurate to a tenth of a degree. I improved my ovabator hatches immensely with one.

Schipperkesue wrote:Rasilon, are you using a red alcohol thermometer or a digital? I find the alcohol to be far more accurate. The ones that look like a little speedometer are the least accurate. If you know someone with a Spot Check incubator thermometer, borrow it to calibrate the thermometer you have and you will be good to go.

Check the temperatures in the different areas of the bator. They can vary. You can counter act this by moving the eggs around when you turn and add water or by turning the top 1/4 turn three times a day.

Is it dry where you are? A light mist once a day also helps.
....The Red Thermometer is better ,much more accurate ! I use only them

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I gave a first time hatcher some eggs and my cruddiest hovabator incubator. We calibrated a cheap red alcohol thermometer. I showed her how to adjust the thermometer to keep it in the right temperature range. She checked temperature and turned the top of the incubator three times a day. After we removed the duds, she had a 100% hatch.

So tell your chicken hatching friends to stick that in their pipe and smoke it!

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ha ha, Cynthia knows rooster have balls, we showed them to her during butcher day. They're there, they're just not hanging under the bumper.

Thermometers that are glued into a plastic holder with the numbers on the plastic holder, THOSE cannot be trusted. All you have to do is glue the numbers on in the wrong place and your temps are wrong.

I buy cheap dollar store thermoms, remove the glass tube from its plastic surroundings, then stick the glass tube (usually 2 or 3 at once) in a cup of warm water along with my MEDICAL thermometer. When the MEDICAL thermometer hits 100F, I make a mark, right on the glass tube, with a Sharpie, right where the red liquid has risen to. That mark is 100F. I know one hair above or one hair below I will tolerate. Two hairs above or below, I fiddle with my wafer.

Do this in a Styrofoam or plastic cup, not a ceramic coffee cup. Ceramic cups can be cold so its' best to use a cup that is more temperature neutral, like styrofoam or paper.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Balls hanging below bumpers and fiddling with waffers, I don't think I can follow this thread anymore.... Embarassed

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:Ha ha, Cynthia knows rooster have balls, we showed them to her during butcher day. They're there, they're just not hanging under the bumper.
Yep, saw those honkers for surely, that dude was well hung Razz . I meant hangy down miserable visable balls like bulls, have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum