Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ova-View High Intensity Egg Candler by Brinsea

+6
heda gobbler
toybarons
Hidden River
Schipperkesue
mirycreek
Blue Hill Farm
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Does anyone have one of these candlers? And if so, how do you like it? Does it work alright on blue and green eggs? Thanks in advance! Smile

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

have one, like it a lot works good on tan eggs and light blue eggs (ones from you!)
I never set the egg on it, instead put it on the top of the egg by the air cell. I can do all the eggs in the trays without taking each egg out as I stand them on end in rows.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are GREAT! I have a high intensity one and am thinking of another for school. I use it in the summer as a flashlight to find toads, and even though it does not show through a marans egg well, after a week you can easily see the air cell growing.

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That’s ingenious miry! I do believe I’m going to order one. Banana

Say, what kind of batteries do you guys use? Disposable or rechargable?

LoL Sue. I won't be telling our 5 year old about its capabilities as a toad flashlight or I'll never get to use the thing!

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have two and love them.
I also purchased an ovascope with one but haven't used it yet, I wonder with the scope if you could see through the darker eggs better? My lavender ameraucanas and one of the blacks lay a really dark egg that I cannot see through, going to try out the ovascope and see if that helps.

I used to use rechargeable batteries but they don't seem to have the power the alkaline do, so I just use the disposable ones now, as long as the light doesn't get left on the batteries last an amazing amount of time.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love mine I love you

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Me too.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rechargable batteries give less light.

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mine is great! Love it!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

If your turn out all the lights and stick the light source in your mouth and creep up on your children in the dead of night you can scare the poo out of them.

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is the sort of thing my mother lived for!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

foal0069

I find with the scope you still have to look hard to see anything with the dark eggs. I just wait now until the day I am locking down and toss the no good eggs. I find I can tell at that time. Might not work so well if you are trying to keep your incubator full and doing staggered hatches lol

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

They also provide enough light to see what has flown into the husband's ear.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:They also provide enough light to see what has flown into the husband's ear.

Oh dear girl. You have issues...pasty butt...looking into Husband's ears with a candling light. What else do you do that would pull on our giggle chain, I am having a good chuckle over you this morning, thanks for the smiles. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:They also provide enough light to see what has flown into the husband's ear.

That settles it. I am getting one! Cure for my candling addiction and clean ears for the whole family is a win-win for me. Laughing

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

You can really light up tonsils and the back of a sore throat.

And don't forget the late night toad hunting ability. It is an activity the whole family can enjoy.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote="Schipperkesue"
And don't forget the late night toad hunting ability. It is an activity the whole family can enjoy.[/quote]

Oh ya, forgot about that one. Never got around to it last summer, maybe now I might, just needed that memory catcher. I saw a toad in some leaves the other day, and boy oh boy, the chorus coming from the bushes way down the end of the property. Lots and lots of frogs this year, never heard them like this last year, they are LOUD!! Must be millions of them. I think they are frogs though, not toads. Do toads sound like frogs? Seems to me that toads make a squeaky sound, trying to remember. Oh geeze, did this topic go off course tongue Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have three of them and just ordered a fourth, I use 2 now in schools were I have small incubators in classrooms and the ovascope displays the image on a smart screen so all the kids can see. They seem to be one of the best.

http://www.popscoops.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum