Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View for Sue

+5
toybarons
Ruffledfeathers
Schipperkesue
silkiebantam
uno
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 View for Sue Empty View for Sue Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:51 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Good Gordon, this is making me so mad! Stupid photobucket! I have tried to resize this picture 3 times and it just will NOT allow me to post a bigger photo! What gives? How come everyone else seems able to get a bigger pic except me? This is driving me batty!

2 View for Sue Empty Re: View for Sue Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:55 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3 View for Sue Empty Re: View for Sue Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:31 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Is your camera set to take a small sized picture? Maybe that's why the picture is small.

When I load to Photobucket, I open the files with the pictures in it on my computer. Then open Photobucket, then hit 'upload' which gives me an area to drag and drop photos into from the file that I had earlier opened on my computer.

I just magnified the page here bigger to see your pictures better.

Did you make those quilts? They are absolutely beautiful. Tell us more about them please!

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

4 View for Sue Empty Re: View for Sue Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:38 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes, and how about a close up!

5 View for Sue Empty Re: View for Sue Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:02 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes please tell more about those very detailed quilts. I personally like pics that are around the size you posted because if it gets too much bigger my stoopid computer will just crap out half way thru loading the pic.I know its not my computer its my service provider yadda, yadda, yadda....

Anyways I love the quilts.
Do you make them for money?
Do you do it as a hobby?
What size is it a double or queen?

6 View for Sue Empty Re: View for Sue Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:05 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Think the picture sizes is just fine. Can see the quilts well. Very nice work.

7 View for Sue Empty Re: View for Sue Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:45 am

foal0069

Beautiful Quilts Uno, and it's funny because I have the opposite problem as I can't get my pictures as small as I want. Laughing

8 View for Sue Empty Re: View for Sue Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:58 am

Those are quilts?!? I have been thinking your avatar was a beautiful carpet/area rug! How does Tara put it? Ow my eye! cyclops I must be blind.

Uno, I love the reds in those. I love your house, as you know, how you have it filled with lovely things that reflect who you are. These pieces are beautiful too.

9 View for Sue Empty Re: View for Sue Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:59 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

These quilts are beautiful Uno!

I do all my resizing in Picasa before I even get to photobucket. Photobucket likes to mess with my head so I like to take the upper hand if I can! Wink

10 View for Sue Empty Re: View for Sue Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:55 pm

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Absolutely beautiful quilts! You are very talented Very Happy

11 View for Sue Empty Re: View for Sue Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:46 pm

Keibler77

Keibler77

Uno....I can't even sew a button that will remain attached for long..let alone something as beautiful as these...but I absolutely adore quilts. These are just gorgeous...and I also envy you your talent. The quilt in your avatar is my favourite...fabulous work Uno. Very Happy

12 View for Sue Empty Re: View for Sue Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:04 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you everyone! Very Happy

FarmChiq, carpets? No, those two are king size quilts airing out draped over the deck railing. One is my summer quilt, one is my winter quilt.

The quilt currently in my avatar is my all time favortie and one I am particularly proud of. It took 9 months to piece the top. Alas, since it is so massive, I was not able to hand quilt it, and it was quilted by machine. I still feel like a cheat if I send my quilts to a machine (long arm) to do the quilting. But those king size quilts are too much for one person to quilt by hand alone. Plus it adds a year or more onto the time it takes to get a quilt on a bed.

Silkie, in fact my camera takes massive pictures. To email a pic to someone I have to size it down first. But something goes on between my computer and photobucket that limits them to this size. OR there is something about my setting here on WCPS that will only allow me to post this size. I have fiddled with different sizes before laoding and before sending and no matter what I do, I end up with this size photo. pale

Ruffled, do I make these for money? Ba ha ha, that's a good one! Ba ha ha, oh my stomach hurts from laughing. Gee, I'm all out of breath now. Short answer, no. I have been quilting for over 30 years. I have never sold a quilt. I have made many, many quilts, never sold one. That red,blue and gold quilt with the stars, my avatar quilt, my cost on that was well over $500. If I tell someone I want $500 for a quilt they laugh at me. If I want to pay myself a pittance for my time that price goes up to $900. That's a wage of $50 a month....bottom line, I make them for the joy of it, the beauty, the therapy that it provides me. I have always said I would rather give a quilt to someone who appreciates and treasures it than sell it to someone who grumbles about the price.

RUffled, you asked about sizes. I don't really have a standard size I make my quilts. I figure out what size bed they're for, a queen being 5 feet across, 60 inches. Then I decide how much drop down each side I want, 8 inches, or 10 inches or 12 inches. Some people like deep, flowing quilts. Others want them a bit shorter, to cover a bed and not drape down the sides. I find the bigger a quilt gets, the more likely it is to drag itself off the bed during the night. That avatar quilt is HUGE and always slides off the bed!

I've made teeny, small baby quilts, toddler quilts, sofa quilts, single bed quilts, queens and now 3 king size! The avatar quilt is 108 inches side to side and 90 inches top to bottom, or 9 feet across, 7 feet, 6 inches long.

13 View for Sue Empty Re: View for Sue Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uno, your quilt is brilliant in every sense of the word! I would still love to see a close up of one of the blocks. Zoom in is just too fuzzy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum