Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Snow Day tomorrow!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Snow Day tomorrow! Empty Snow Day tomorrow! Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep, due to blizzard conditions in the Black Gold area they have already declared no busses tomorrow and they are sending teachers and students home early this afternoon. Apparently east of the city it is worse.

2Snow Day tomorrow! Empty Re: Snow Day tomorrow! Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:15 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was on the road today. Wetaskiwin Ponoka area is really bad. Rumours of a 60 car pile up near Leduc on the QE2.

I wont be driving anywhere tonight.
s

3Snow Day tomorrow! Empty Re: Snow Day tomorrow! Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:02 pm

My drifts have grown in their enormity. The unsheltered section of my yard is at least 10-12ft deep with drifts that are even higher. I guess spring is coming in like a lion?

Puh. So much for a garden this year.

4Snow Day tomorrow! Empty Re: Snow Day tomorrow! Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:05 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:My drifts have grown in their enormity. The unsheltered section of my yard is at least 10-12ft deep with drifts that are even higher. I guess spring is coming in like a lion?

Ha! Just think about the great caves you can dig in the side of those drifts! Whatcha waitin' for girl! Git at 'er!

5Snow Day tomorrow! Empty Re: Snow Day tomorrow! Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arcticsun wrote:I was on the road today. Wetaskiwin Ponoka area is really bad. Rumours of a 60 car pile up near Leduc on the QE2.

I wont be driving anywhere tonight.
s

They haven't said the number of cars, but apparently 300 injured.

6Snow Day tomorrow! Empty Re: Snow Day tomorrow! Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:07 pm

Schipperkesue wrote:
Sweetened wrote:My drifts have grown in their enormity. The unsheltered section of my yard is at least 10-12ft deep with drifts that are even higher. I guess spring is coming in like a lion?

Ha! Just think about the great caves you can dig in the side of those drifts! Whatcha waitin' for girl! Git at 'er!

.... It's spring. The only caves that need to be dug are in the ground to hold tomatoes.

7Snow Day tomorrow! Empty Re: Snow Day tomorrow! Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

For photos and information click here.
[url][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[/url]
60-100 vehicles, 300 injured (mostly minor to mild, 4 serious).
s

8Snow Day tomorrow! Empty Re: Snow Day tomorrow! Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:29 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Stay safe up there everyone, we are just starting to get a few flakes now, the worst of it skipped over our little area, 30 minutes east and 1 hour west was no travel advisory all morning, so glad we missed that part.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

9Snow Day tomorrow! Empty Re: Snow Day tomorrow! Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Is it heading East ? We don't want it !! The USA has updated there flood predictions already to a flood rateing in it's top five ever ! and if we get anymore ??? well that will be it ! I think we will have major flooding this year again ................NO MORE SNOW !!

10Snow Day tomorrow! Empty Re: Snow Day tomorrow! Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:54 pm

prairie dog wrote: ................NO MORE SNOW !!

Ditto, however according to the weather network, we're expecting another 10-15cm by the end of tomorrow

11Snow Day tomorrow! Empty Re: Snow Day tomorrow! Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:
prairie dog wrote: ................NO MORE SNOW !!

Ditto, however according to the weather network, we're expecting another 10-15cm by the end of tomorrow

Don't fight it Sweetened! When the world hands you snow....make tunnels!

Last edited by Schipperkesue on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Stoopid spelling!)

12Snow Day tomorrow! Empty Re: Snow Day tomorrow! Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:49 pm

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Schipperkesue wrote:

I wanna come make snow tunnels. Haven't done that in YEARS!! We never get enough snow and if we do it chinooks the next day and it's gone!

13Snow Day tomorrow! Empty Re: Snow Day tomorrow! Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I watch the drifts form in the ditch as I drive home. I just wanna pull off the highway and start to dig!

14Snow Day tomorrow! Empty Re: Snow Day tomorrow! Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:24 pm

DCChick wrote:
I wanna come make snow tunnels. Haven't done that in YEARS!! We never get enough snow and if we do it chinooks the next day and it's gone!

You can dig all the tunnles you want here, and take some snow back with you Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum