Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow

+2
silkiebantam
Hillbilly
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Empty Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:37 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

saturday morning at 6:06 in the west will be the best viewing. It will last 51 minutes. The moon will appear red.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Empty Re: Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:47 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh Man! That's so cool! Too bad they are calling for clouds and snow tomorrow for Terrace! Sad

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

3Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Empty Re: Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:04 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

4Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Empty Re: Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:05 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

5Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Empty Re: Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks Hillbilly - I will try and catch this. We are socked in by cloud right now but maybe.... Fingers crossed.

6Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Empty Re: Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:15 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Clear skies here in Central Alberta, it is awesome, the temp is -1, I have been out on the deck a few times in my bare feet, just a sliver of red right now.
Thanks Hillbilly, wouldn't have known about it if you hadn't posted...

7Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Empty Re: Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:23 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I just looked at it, I could see it off and on, but didn't really look red, kind of a darker colour than normal. Those foggy moments got in the way, but it cleared off and on. The skies are clear as can be and it is -7, smiling, thanks for the heads up, I'll go and look again in a bit. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

8Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Empty Re: Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:49 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Our view of the western sky is outlined in trees. But then again, so is the North, south and east. Still, I had a look outside at 5am, to discover it had clouded over during the night. That was forecast, but it was crystal clear at 11 last night so I was optimistic.

Cynthia, the fog would have stopped the redness from showing as it is particles reflecting the light from the sun. Dust I believe.

I hope some of you got to enjoy the views!

9Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Empty Re: Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:20 am

Thank you so much Hillbilly! I also wouldn't have known if you hadn't posted this. I got up early and got to see it clearly! My place was clear as a bell, a nippy -8 or so, but oh the view was perfect!! Happily I was able to see it out of my upstairs window so I stayed snug and warm. Then I went back to bed for a big Saturday morning sleep-in, something I don't do often.

Thanks again. That was pretty special to see. I love you

10Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Empty Re: Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Tomorrow Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:27 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

We have been clear and cold for 3 days and nights. Wouldn`t just be it warmed up to -10C last night and got misty and foggy! Mad I was looking forward to seeing it, but I didn`t happen for me. Glad some of you got to experience it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum