Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

First Day of Spring

+3
Susan
coopslave
Fowler
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1First Day of Spring Empty First Day of Spring Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:41 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

After over a week of fine sunny (sometimes quite warm) weather, we have reached the first day of spring in New Brunswick.

We are currently having what may very well be the worst storm this year. Every school in the province is closed. Even the Universities and government offices are opening late. Too many other cancellations to mention. Guess I'd better go outside and shovel all this springtime.

2First Day of Spring Empty Re: First Day of Spring Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:42 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well Fowler, I hate to tell you, but it is making an effort for us here. After -9C yesterday morning with lots of snow, I was a bit worried, but it is only 0C this morning and a light skiff of snow. Typical Springish weather for here. I think a little below average temps, but I will take that over what the rest of you are getting!!!!
I am wishing bright, spring thoughts for you all and you know I send any weather I get in your direction. Wink

3First Day of Spring Empty Re: First Day of Spring Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:15 am

*Grumpy face* Winds picked up today, currently -31 with windchill, -22 without. Expecting 2-4 cm tomorrow, plus 10ft snow drifts, a dusting of cuss words and an overdose of idiot drivers.

The plus temperatures that, on Monday, were coming next Monday, are now coming next Friday. I'm a winter person, and I am -done- with winter.

4First Day of Spring Empty Re: First Day of Spring Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:59 am

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am with Sweetened. Except for the winter person part!

5First Day of Spring Empty Re: First Day of Spring Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:05 am

Grumpy cat says it best.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

6First Day of Spring Empty Re: First Day of Spring Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:17 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ok, I am not saying another word about spring. Snowing like MAD here now! sigh

7First Day of Spring Empty Re: First Day of Spring Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:30 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well I was about to be envious Coopslave - we must have had 10 cm of new snow last night and more falling fast now. Sigh.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

8First Day of Spring Empty Re: First Day of Spring Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:41 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

We are under a winter storm watch.

Currently experiencing huge winds and huger gusts.

Kept child home from school today because I predict our road will be impassable by this afternoon.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

9First Day of Spring Empty Re: First Day of Spring Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:48 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm in agreeance with something I read the other day. In Canada we have 2 seasons that last one day!! Spring is that one day between winter and construction season that makes you hope the snow is gone. Fall is that one day between construction and winter that makes you wish is was that spring day!!

Winter is still in full force, but maybe it is that one day as it went from -28 yesterday morning to -7 this morning!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

10First Day of Spring Empty Re: First Day of Spring Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:07 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

So much new snow I have to go and sweep off the satellite dish now. Either that or the cloudcover is just too thick.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

11First Day of Spring Empty Re: First Day of Spring Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:08 am

heda gobbler wrote:So much new snow I have to go and sweep off the satellite dish now. Either that or the cloudcover is just too thick.

Or both...

12First Day of Spring Empty Re: First Day of Spring Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:13 am

KlassyChic

KlassyChic

I was shocked it was only -4 heading to bed last night. Calling for two more days of snow and I think we are in the clear!! The grader got stuck in our driveway two days ago, the snow banks are a foot and a half above the roof of my van Razz DH cleared the yard and put ten foot piles of snow in my garden Shocked Seriously wondering if they will be melted off by planting time Cool It has been an interesting first winter in the North!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum