Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's Spring!

+5
mirycreek
boothcreek
chickeesmom
Hidden River
blackdove
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1It's Spring! Empty It's Spring! Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:45 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Is everyone else getting this beautiful sunshine? It's plus 10 here!! Feels wonderful. The birds are so happy to finally get outside again. They are having a blast, I threw some hay down on the snow in their outside pen and they are in heaven. So cute! Very Happy

2It's Spring! Empty Re: It's Spring! Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hate to jinx it but spring has sprung here too. We have finished lambing today, the weather is warm, and the water is running full force. My sheep pen has a small dry area the rest is flowing through like a river.
We are windy as heck but still worth it to have warm weather, at least it will dry up some of the mud in my pens.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3It's Spring! Empty Re: It's Spring! Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:37 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Starlings are back in the yard. Everyone that could was outside today, so nice.
Still four feet of snow out to my greenhouse, yuk.

4It's Spring! Empty Re: It's Spring! Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:03 pm

boothcreek

You know spring is coming when the Starlings return!!!! Ours arrived about 3 days ago too, sitting in the main tree by the house imitating killdeer, gopher, robin and hawk calls all day long.

Now when the Killdeer return I will get really excited about it, that means the cold is over once and for all!!!!!

http://www.boothcreekranch.com

5It's Spring! Empty Re: It's Spring! Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:30 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

yeah Spring here too, I knew it was Spring when Feathers aka Chanteclereh was spotted without his fur hat on!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

6It's Spring! Empty Re: It's Spring! Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:53 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Today it's raining hard on a foot of snow and definitely warming up. Bring it on!

7It's Spring! Empty Re: It's Spring! Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:20 am

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

well i swear i can hear birds chirping outside the window, so fingers crossed this nice weather is here to stay!! i'm so sick of cold and snowy.... oh and the bitter wind, that can stop at anytime too, but since i do live in a windbelt i doubt that is going to happen! hahahah

8It's Spring! Empty T-shirt Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:03 am

Usually at this time of day I'm sitting by candle light and shivering while I try to light the stove... ...today I'm in a t-shirt, no fire and no shivering Smile

9It's Spring! Empty Re: It's Spring! Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:10 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

lanaire-ranching wrote:well i swear i can hear birds chirping outside the window, so fingers crossed this nice weather is here to stay!! i'm so sick of cold and snowy.... oh and the bitter wind, that can stop at anytime too, but since i do live in a windbelt i doubt that is going to happen! hahahah
The robins returned a week ago, the sparrows are singing beautifully and the chickadees are doing their territorial/mating call. But we have a ways to go before the snow is gone. I just moved from the West Coast a year and a half ago so experiencing all 4 seasons is new to me and I'm feeling more tapped in to the seasons and the cycles of life.

Smile

10It's Spring! Empty Re: It's Spring! Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:27 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh for sure it is spring here, saw a dead gopher on the road and geese flying overhead yesterday on my way to Red Deer.
It sure has been a long cold one this year. My birds are going to be so happy to see some grass.

11It's Spring! Empty Re: It's Spring! Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Something like five days from now the days will start getting longer than the nights. I'm a little strange about time (or different) in that I don't like Daylight Savings time and I never agree with Environment Canada about when the first day of Spring is.

Well it doesn't do much good to complain about Daylight Savings time or Environment Canada (or clocks, which I do a lot) so I invented my own clock. It tells time in a more reasonable way (I think). It tells the season, when the sun will rise and set, the phase and position of the moon... ...without all those numbers.

Of course if you need numbers because you have to catch a train on time or something there's always this version:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's showing that it's 3 O'Clock in the morning on the longest day of the year.

12It's Spring! Empty Re: It's Spring! Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:17 pm

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Snow is melting fast and furious here! Tulips are popping up too. I can slowly feel my sanity returning with every extra minute of daylight Very Happy

13It's Spring! Empty Re: It's Spring! Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:32 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Been nice and sunny here too. Hard to believe how fast the snow has gone.

But then they are calling for snow in the next couple of days. Keeping fingers crossed that they're wrong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum