Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buff orpington pullet egg

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Buff orpington pullet egg Empty Buff orpington pullet egg Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:29 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep, the buff orpington pullets are 25 weeks old. Got the first pullet egg two days ago, and two yesterday, that means that 2 of the 4 are coming into lay, yay!! It sure does take a long time for the gals to get that thing going. I would not consider the egg a really small one though, a decent size for a new layer, I would say about the size of a medium egg. Good going girls!! Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

2Buff orpington pullet egg Empty Re: Buff orpington pullet egg Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:45 am

nuthatch333

nuthatch333
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

My pullets are all just starting to lay too. I have three blue orpingtons and have gotten two eggs from them so far. They were huge and both double yolks. I don't know which bird or birds are laying , also I don't know if double yolks are a good thing but they are honking big eggs.
Its fun to see the young girls start to lay. Seeing a great big girl on the nest box is a pretty sight.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum