Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEATHERS NEEDED! Feathers for kids costumes for Irish Dance concert.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

My sister is one of the moms making costumes for the kids doing an Irish dance performance. The story involves the native birds of Ireland. She is looking for feathers. Phesant tail, any wing geathers, primaries from geese, turkey wing and tail feathers, chicken wing and tail feathers. These would be part of the costume. BLACK FEATHERS are definitely needed as the main bird is a crow.

I will be at the Wetaskiwin show. If you have feathers, especially free ones, please let me know. She has about 40 costumes or so to decorate!

Here is what she wrote me....
"They're suppose to all be native birds of Ireland so I'll have owls, puffins, ducks, pheasants, swans, a raven, stuff like that. I won't use real feathers for all of them but the raven is the main character so I'm going to try to get as many as I can for her."

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Karrie or KareBare has an assortment of feathers, will see what we have and what we can bring.

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

YAY! Thank you!

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bumpety bump bump!

I am still in need of feathers, especially black ones and pheasant tails!

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

All I could find were some chicken feathers from one of our EO Roosters we had a season or two ago and some Canada goose feathers.
Most of the one's we had went into crafts.

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well anything would be gratefully received!

I wonder if the judge would notice the turkey exhibits lacking tail feathers....

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

You can get pheasant tails at the bait shop.

If you want turkey, just ask Chickie Vickie. She was pulling handfuls out at the show today.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I found a box of feathers today, most look rough but looks like Turkey & Pheasant feathers!

See you tomorrow, and hey, stay away from my Turkeys, I'll notice if you pluck their tails... lol!

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

thank you!
rough is just fine, they can be touched up and they will be on stage anyway, so the audience wont know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum