Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

what next??...caution i may ruffle feathers!

+5
Fowler
uno
pops coops
coopslave
triplejfarms
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

at the risk of ruffling feathers i am sorry...LOL but last night i went shopping at homesense...while i was strolling in the linen isle, i heard a dog bark...what?? i look there is a dashound on a leash with the owner standing there......now i was in shock as i didnt think pet were alloud everywhere! petsmart is one thing but this is homesenes/winners they have food/linen/clothes everything! i find it disturbing, as we own a boarding kennel we see dogs peeing on every corner of everything especialy pocket pootches, we see how much they shed hair and have no respect for corners of couches ect...,. and frankely i dont want dogs peeing on linens/dishes/soaps/towels ect that i pay good money for! ...the dog was jumping up on things, smelling everything, barking at customers???!!!! i asked the teller about it and they said they dont have a pet policy..., i dont think i will be shopping there anymore as i dont want hair/urine on my NEW NON DOG items.. gross what about people with allergies i asked the teller...she said "they can ask the person with the pet to leave" ummm...no offense but this is not a pet store where people with pet allergies should have to worry about going to... where does it stop? next dogs will be in restarunts? service dogs is one things but because you cant leave your dog from 5 minutes at home is another...
maybe i am jst over crankey as i am exausted from looking after 30 barking dogs over the holidays...but no i am not wanting to go to bed in my new sheets with dog hair in it....
i challenge members to take their biggest dirtiest farm dogs for a visit at homesense...i have a newfie here right now i would like to borrow for the afternoon...see if the pet policy is the same for large pets...

dont get me wrong i love dogs i own 2! plus we own a boarding kennel, but they are still pets, i can leave my house without them for a hour....

whats your opinion? should pets be pets still or should they be able to go in every store?

my 2 cents... had to rant! LOL

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree with you TripleJ. I am a dog lover, but there is a time and place for them.

How do you think HomeSense would feel about 8 working dogs, including the 2 white english bulldogs???!!! Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't think that store would ever be the same!! Rolling Eyes

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I just called Homesense, and they do not allow dogs in the one here, Triple J great post maybe we should take a chicken or 2 on a leash.

http://www.popscoops.com

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

my mom called the head office down east and they said they "dont have a pet policy" so yes everyone this is a challenge..coopslave take them! ahahhaha

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

TripleJ this has NOTHING to do with dogs, but with people who have less than no respect for their fellow humans. We have become a society that utterly lacks consideration for others. It's all about ME ME ME and MY sense of self esteem and getting what I want out of life and...blabbety bloody blah. We have the public conduct of knuckle dragging apes. No, this is not about dogs, this is about morons.

I will state clearly that I LOVE my dogs. BUt I also know there is a time and place for dogs and at the dinner table(or public shopping areas) is NOT the place. Some people have a very real fear of dogs and out of concern and care for someone else, I will always make sure that my dogs NEVER inflict stress or alarm on anyone. That includes in my own home.

I am not a dog dragger. I do not lug my dog everywhere I go. I get furious in summer when I see idiots with dogs locked in hot cars. LEAVE YOUR DOG AT HOME because the dog's life and comfort are worth more than your desperate need to tell yourself you're such a good owner. You're not, you're a moron!

Used to have a dog who weighed over 100 pounds, Akita X Bullmastiff and his claim to fame was world class drool. That dog had huge, snotty drippers dangling off his face at all times. When I would go to dinner at a certain relatives house and everyone else would drag their yapping, begging, snapping dogs along to mill around under the table, it used to make my skin crawl. I swore as the next Christmas turkey was being set on the table with great pomp a ceremony, I was going to uleash the drool hound, who would NOT fit under the table like the rest of the mutts, but could quite handily reach over the table and grab a drumstick. Leaving behind an oozing trail of evidence. I never did it. My sense of social conduct over-rode my desire for revenge. My point is if I want to eat in the comapny of creatures that can lick their own butts..I will, but at my OWN table with my own dogs and not inflict them on anyone else.

I am with you on this one! If you truly love a dog you should be alarmend and horrified when some dillweed makes their dog an object of scorn and anger...but it's not the dog's fault. Dog's get a bad rap because in this country any boob can own a dog, and it would appear said boobs go shopping with them too.

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:TripleJ this has NOTHING to do with dogs, but with people who have less than no respect for their fellow humans. We have become a society that utterly lacks consideration for others. It's all about ME ME ME and MY sense of self esteem and getting what I want out of life and...blabbety bloody blah. We have the public conduct of knuckle dragging apes. No, this is not about dogs, this is about morons.

I will state clearly that I LOVE my dogs. BUt I also know there is a time and place for dogs and at the dinner table(or public shopping areas) is NOT the place. Some people have a very real fear of dogs and out of concern and care for someone else, I will always make sure that my dogs NEVER inflict stress or alarm on anyone. That includes in my own home.

I am not a dog dragger. I do not lug my dog everywhere I go. I get furious in summer when I see idiots with dogs locked in hot cars. LEAVE YOUR DOG AT HOME because the dog's life and comfort are worth more than your desperate need to tell yourself you're such a good owner. You're not, you're a moron!

Used to have a dog who weighed over 100 pounds, Akita X Bullmastiff and his claim to fame was world class drool. That dog had huge, snotty drippers dangling off his face at all times. When I would go to dinner at a certain relatives house and everyone else would drag their yapping, begging, snapping dogs along to mill around under the table, it used to make my skin crawl. I swore as the next Christmas turkey was being set on the table with great pomp a ceremony, I was going to uleash the drool hound, who would NOT fit under the table like the rest of the mutts, but could quite handily reach over the table and grab a drumstick. Leaving behind an oozing trail of evidence. I never did it. My sense of social conduct over-rode my desire for revenge. My point is if I want to eat in the comapny of creatures that can lick their own butts..I will, but at my OWN table with my own dogs and not inflict them on anyone else.

I am with you on this one! If you truly love a dog you should be alarmend and horrified when some dillweed makes their dog an object of scorn and anger...but it's not the dog's fault. Dog's get a bad rap because in this country any boob can own a dog, and it would appear said boobs go shopping with them too.

GREAT POST

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:TripleJ this has NOTHING to do with dogs, but with people who have less than no respect for their fellow humans. We have become a society that utterly lacks consideration for others. It's all about ME ME ME and MY sense of self esteem and getting what I want out of life and...blabbety bloody blah. We have the public conduct of knuckle dragging apes. No, this is not about dogs, this is about morons.

Totally with you on this one! It's a constant irritation whether it is seeing dogs at the nearby 'no dogs allowed beach' or at the local 'no dogs allowed farmer's market'. YOU might love your dog at home and abroad. I love your dog at home!

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes totally agree to all posts! Drives me nuts when you see these celebrities that have made these teeny tiny useless dogs with no manners fashionable and tote them around like an accessory!!! Now everyone thinks they need a tiny dog they can drag around with them everywhere! I also had visitors that allowed their yappy unmannered dogs at my table and it irritated and disgusted me to no end as my dogs laid down in the other room looking sad. 2 of my 3 dogs could quite easily stand and lay their big eager mouths on the table and counters and completely clear a table or counter with a swipe of their happy tails!! But they were taught manners and they are not welcome near either and the thought of taking them to Homesense or any other store AHHHH! Dogs were not meant to be dressed up or toted around in purses! I could just see me taking my always happy tail wagging Newf into a store to do my shopping! I also have a family member who is absolutely terrified of dogs no matter the size and I think people should be able to shop without fear. There shouldn't need to be a policy about pets people should have some sense and realize that pets are not fashion accessories and are quite happy to be left at home for a couple hours

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree with all that has been said here. The only dogs that should be allowed in stores should be working dogs that are working at the time- seeing eye dogs, necessary medical dogs that detect oncoming episodes.

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well said folks!!!

That sounds like a complete lack of SENSE!!

Ruffledfeathers wrote:That sounds like a complete lack of SENSE!!

Maybe the owners were shopping at Homesense for a reason? Razz Figured they could pick some up at Boxing Day prices?

Uno...I never knew you felt that way? Were you that offended when you came here? I feel a bit horrified thinking that a friend might have gone away from my home feeling such disgust. I am afraid I'm in that "bad owner" category as my little dogs do come and visit at the couch etc... I feel a bit conflicted! I know it's my house and all, but I do take a little comfort out of having friends come over and be totally at ease. I wish you'd said something! I love you I certainly could have contained the little beasties in the foyer for the duration of your visits. Is that why you don't come around anymore??? Question Crying or Very sad geek

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Razz Laughing Laughing

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Farmchiq....puhleeeze! Your dogs are in no way offensive and in fact are not table beggers at all. I did think of dogs I know when ranting, but yours were not the usual gang of suspects that came to mind.

I didn't want to say anything publicly but it seems you are determined to force my hand so I shall be blunt...I don't come to your house cause you're a terrible cook. It's true. I'm sure in some cultures cat kibble makes a nice addition to salad but here, croutons are more accepted. Your flair for international cuisine is what makes you unique, for sure, but your cookng scares the beejeebers out of me. Setting a dish on the table with the words, "look what I found in the back of the fridge.." just sort of worries me a little. So..it is what it is. You're a great gal and raise a fine chicken and train righteous ponies, but you should really never handle a frying pan. It's just not your thing. Will you ever forgive me? So, your dogs are so not an issue!

Ha ha ha ha ha I would be SO offended by that if you had ANY idea what home cooking smelled, looked, or tasted like or where it came from!! LMAO!!

Sorry Ruffled...this is a tad off course isn't it? Bad Uno! Razz

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

LOL! we need a "like" button farmchiq and uno.....lol!
lol!

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks for the great lol! uno and farmchiq, if you are ever in the area I will feed you both

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I humbly apologize for taking liberties with my dear friend Farmchiq. I better behave or I shall be thwacked with a rolled up newspaper or have my nose rubbed in something.

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Popscoop, I might have to take you up on that offer because Farmchiq seems to think I wouldn't know good home cookin if it hit me upside the head. She's so mean!

Okay here's me totally veering off the topic!
Pops, when you and Nana Diamond come looking at real estate because you've decided to move back to BC, I will cook you all dinner (yes, that includes YOU Uno!!) and put you up (not you Uno - you have your own home).

As for dogs in stores, I love my dogs more than I like most people, but even I don't take them to stores with me. I don't think they would like it any more than I would having to watch their every move. But I guess that's what differentiates us - I would be very watchful and worried that my dogs didn't get into anything. Like Duh!! Why even take them in there?!?!?

Uno, you do not need to apologize. I knew you didn't mean any harm, and besides, like I said, it takes one to know one, as in "cook", and you're not one so how could you know? affraid cheers lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum