Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any fish experts on here?

+6
Susan
triplejfarms
Island Girl
appway
Fowler
Hidden River
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Any fish experts on here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any fish experts on here? Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:10 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks everyone. We are trying to avoid heating the little tank so my daughter went with a Beta fish, we will see how it goes.
We found a second Beta fish and all his accessories on Kijiji for my oldest daughter so she has her own fish now too...
They seem pretty easy to manage so we will stick to them for now until the girls are a bit older.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

27Any fish experts on here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any fish experts on here? Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:12 am

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

Beta fish are great little fish and easy to take care of. A few years back I had one for my office, named him O.B. (office buddy). He lived 3 years. Every Friday I would just give him a few extra pellets and he would be perfectly fine for the weekend, even a long weekend. Vacations were a bit of a pain because I always had to get someone to take care of him. No one seemed to mind, always had one gal offer but I decided not to replace him when he was gone. My daughter had a beautiful peachy colored fan tail gold fish that lived a long life I want to say 10 years but 8 for sure. He got to be quite large! One thing I'll never forget is observing this big old fish deliberately maneuvering his body to positions himself directly over an ailing tank mate, then using his fins to massage the sick fish to encourage him to move around. I had never seen him do anything like this before. I watched for a bit to make sure that what I thought I was observing was in fact what he was doing. Sounds crazy to think this but at that moment it struck me that even fish may have more intelligence than what we give them credit for.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum